Chapter 18

"I need your advice." Emily said to Anna as they were on their lunch break.

"Okay. About what?" Anna asked.

"I can't handle this job anymore, and I want to get a new job, but I don't know what. I have a few things that I want to do, but I can't decide." Emily told her.

"Well, how long have you been dating JJ?" Anna asked.

"It feels like for a couple of months, but it was only official since last night." Emily answered. She was smiling so big, but there was something different about it. It was almost as if,

"You're glowing." Anna pointed out.

"What?" Emily questioned.

"You're glowing! Oh my gosh! Did you guys have sex last night?" Anna asked happily.

"I don't know what you're talking about." Emily said, avoiding eye contact.

"Really? Because you're avoiding eye contact with me." Anna said.

"Okay fine. Yes, JJ and I had sex last night for the first time." Emily said, and Anna started fangirling.

"Okay. Back to topic. What were you thinking about doing?" Anna asked.

"I was thinking about being a firefighter or even be an FBI agent. Maybe a nurse. I don't know." Emily answered.

"Okay. I thought maybe you wanted to be an FBI agent, so that's why I asked how long you two have been together. Now, I'm not trying to burst your bubble or anything, but I am pretty sure that there is a rule saying that agents can't date each other." Anna told her.

"I figured. I think I may be leaning towards being a firefighter." Emily said.

"You could still be apart of the police department." Anna said.

"Eh. I'd rather be FBI. But do you think that I could do it?" Emily asked.

"You are a strong woman, and you do anything that you put your mind to. So, I think if you really want to do it, you will." Anna said. The bell rang, so they said bye to each other and went back to their classrooms. After school was over, Emily went to get a cold brew coffee before she went home because she needed to stay awake. When she got home, JJ wasn't there, so she assumed that she had a case.

Emily thought long and hard about her decision and decided to call JJ. "This is SSA Jennifer Jareau. Sorry I can't come to the phone right now. Please leave a detailed message. Thank you." Emily heard and spoke after the beep.

"Hey Jayje. It's me. Can you call me when you get the chance? It's important, and I need your thoughts. I love you." Emily said and hung up. She went to the living room and sat down but realized that she was lonely. No one to talk to and no one to keep her company.

After watching Star Crossed on Netflix for a few hours, her phones rings. She looks at it and saw the it was JJ. "Hello?" she answered.

"Hey! You wanted me to call you?" JJ said.

"I need your thoughts on something. I want to change my job, and I want to be a firefighter. I just don't know if I could do it." Emily said.

"Why do you think you may not be able to do it? Babe, you can do anything you put your mind to. If you think that you can't handle being a teacher anymore, then do what your heart is telling you to do. Listen to your conscience. I will support you with whatever decision you make whether you decide to keep being my cute little teacher, quit and try and find something you really like, or you decide to be my sexy little firefighter. Whatever it is, I will be there for you when you make you decision. But, I think you would make one hella hot firefighter if I say so myself." JJ said. When she heard JJ chuckle a little bit, she realized what she did. "I did not intend the pun."

"If I were to say, I would think that you have a fantasy that involves a firefighter." Emily said.

"You caught me." JJ said.

"Well I think I know what I'm going to do now." Emily said.

"I can literally hear your smirk." JJ said.

"You know I am." Emily said and laughed a little. "Hey, what should I eat for dinner?"

"Mexican. Or Chinese." JJ answered.

"I should just get both."

"Wouldn't that be a little much?" JJ asked.

"No. I'm starving!" Emily said.

"Um, Emily, can I ask you a few questions?" JJ asked.

"Of course!"

"Have your clothes gotten tighter on you?" JJ asked.

"Yeah a little bit. Why? Are you calling me-"

"No! I would never say that. Do you notice your mood change a lot?"

"Yeah."

"Have you been eating more than normal?"

"Yes. But my appetite has just gotten bigger."

"When was your last period?"

"A few months ago I think. What does that have to do with anything? Why are you-"

"Emily! I think you're pregnant." JJ said, and Emily went quiet.

"I'm sorry?" Emily asked after being quiet for a minute.

"I think you may be pregnant." JJ said once again.

"What? No! I can't be pregnant! How-"

"Hey. It's going to be okay. When I get back, we will go to a gynecologist and see if you are. Okay? I will be there for you if you are." JJ said to her.

"But how? When did- no. No, no, no! It can't be his!" Emily said and started to freak out.

"Hey, hey, hey. It will be okay. If you are pregnant, then take care of the child. I will help you raise it. But if you really don't want it, then put it up for adoption. Please do not think about getting an abortion."

"I don't know if I could do it if I am pregnant. I don't think o could stand bringing his kid into the world." Emily said.

"You can get through this. Do you know why? Because you are the strongest woman that I know. Plus, I will be by your side every step of the way. You won't be alone in this. You will have me, and if you are pregnant, your kid will have four uncles and four aunts to help you too. It will also have another mom. You won't be alone." JJ told her.

"What if I'm a bad mom?" Emily asked.

"You will be an amazing mom. You were an amazing mom to Sergio. You will be an amazing mom to this kid." JJ said.

"I love you, you know that?" Emily asked.

"I know. I love you more." JJ said.
"I can't wait to see you again." Emily said.

"I can't wait to hold you." JJ said. "I should probably get to sleep."

"Okay. Good night baby. I love you so much." Emily said.

"Good night my baby girl. I love you so much more." JJ said and kissed her through the phone.

A/N

Hey guys! I hope you like this chapter!