Chapter 5

"If I'm not on a case, do you want to hang out Friday?" JJ texted Emily after she got home.

"Of course! I can't wait😊" Emily responded. JJ couldn't help but smile.

"What's that smile for?" Will asked.

"Nothing." JJ said.

"Really? It looks like you're a teenage girl smiling after finding out your crush likes you back." Will said.

"I promise. It's nothing." JJ said.

"Good. Because I don't want to lose you." Will said.

"You won't lose me." JJ said and hugged him. She didn't get the same feeling as when she hugged Emily.

A month has gone by, and Emily and JJ's friendship grew stronger every day. The two were inseparable. Their feelings for each other grew stronger every day, but they were still indenial. Emily was freaking out because she didn't know why she was getting these feelings. So she called her therapist and asked to meet in private. It wasn't a session. It was just Emily asking for advice. "It's nice to see you again. So, what is this about?" she asked.

"I did something when I was drunk, and it was wrong, and I can't get it out of my head." Emily said.

"Well what did you do?" the therapist asked.

"I-I kissed another woman. A married woman. I kissed her hard, and I liked it. She initiated the kiss, so I think she liked it too." Emily said.

"I know this isn't a session, and you were just looking for advice, but I'm going to ask you a series of questions. It will help me come up with my advice." she said. Emily nodded her head. "You said you liked it. On a scale of 1-10, how much did you like it?"

"If I am being honest, an 11." Emily said.

"What did you like about it?"

"The way her lips felt on mine. They were so soft, and I loved the way they tasted." Emily answered.

"Have you spent any time with her since then?"

"Yeah. When she's not working or spending time at home with her kids and husband, we're hanging out."

"How close would you say you two are?"

"We are basically inseparable."

"Have you developed feelings for her?"

"Not that I know of."

"Well tell me, what do you feel when you see her, receive a text from her, etc."

"Well, when I see her I get these butterflies in my stomach, and here lately, I've been getting slightly nervous to be around her. When we text, I smile and get the butterflies in my stomach. When we hug, I feel like I am safe, protected, and I never want the hug it end. Whenever we accidentally touch hands or arms, I get a tingling sensation where we are touching." Emily said, smiling.

"What do you think of her?"

"She's amazing. She has the most beautiful eyes I have ever seen, and she has gorgeous blonde hair. She is the sweetest person you will ever meet, but if you make her angry, then she will turn into a beast. She's so beautiful, and I wish I could be half as pretty as her. She has a beautiful smile, and I can't help but smile when I see her smile. She's just so......" Emily said, trailing off.

"She's just so what?"

"She's just so perfect." Emily said quietly.

"Do you want to know what I think?"

"Well yeah. That's why I asked to meet with you." Emily said.

"I think you like her."

"But I can't! I'm straight!" Emily said.