Chapter 6

'I need to talk to you.' JJ received from Will.

'I'm working. We can talk later.' JJ texted back.

'Then don't be surprised when I say that I want a divorce.' Will texted. JJ wasn't expecting that as his response, so it made her wonder what she did.

The rest of the case, JJ wasn't completely focused, and it effected her ability to do her job. She was glad to get back because she wanted answers as to why Will wanted a divorce. "Oh. Good. You're home." Will said when she walked into her house.

"I am. Now can you tell me as to why you want a divorce? Because I can't seem to piece anything together that I did. The only thing I can come up with is that you found someone else." JJ said.

"I didn't find anyone else. You did." he told her.

"Um, that's news to me. I think I would remember if I found someone else. Even if I did, I would tell you. So humor me and tell me who you think I found." JJ said.

"You already know who. You're very close with her." Will said.

"Her? So now you think I am lesbian? Will, if I liked girls, don't you think I would be married to one? I wouldn't have married you if I liked girls nor would I have had your kids. I am straight." JJ informed him.

"You see, I would like to believe you, but I just can't. I had Garcia print me off your messages. Do you want to know with who?" Will asked.

"Yes. I would also like to know why you would have my friend hack my phone when you could have easily just taken it from me and go through my messages." JJ said.

"The reason why I didn't do that is because I didn't want you to not trust me."

"And you think that going behind my back and invading my privacy would make me trust you? Will, I would rather you just take my phone." JJ said, starting to raise her voice.

"Okay, but I don't think you would have given me your phone. I would have to have done it secretly. Because you wouldn't want me seeing the messages between you. And Emily." Will said.

"That's who this is about? You think I'm sneaking around with Emily? How many times do I have to tell you that we are just friends?" JJ asked him.

"Really? Because in your text messages, you seem very flirty to her. She flirts right back. It's hard not to think you are sleeping with her." Will told JJ.

"I'm not sleeping with her! We are not dating or sneaking around! We are just friends!" JJ somewhat shouted.

"I will believe it when you stop hanging out with her so much."

"So you're jealous because I hang out with her a lot? I'm sorry for being friends with her and wanting to hang out with her. I didn't know it was a crime." JJ said.

"It's not, but you two hang out excessively." Will told her.

"So? We are friends. Friends hang out a lot." JJ said.

"Not as much as you two. My decision is final. I'm not changing it." Will said. He walked away leaving JJ in tears. She grabbed her phone and called the first person she thought of.

"Hello?"

"Emily! Can I come over?" JJ asked.

"Of course. What's wrong Jayje?" Emily asked.

"I will explain when I get there." JJ told her and hung up. She went out to her car and drove to Emily's apartment. She walked up and unlocked the door with her key.

"JJ, is that you?" she heard Emily ask.

"Yeah." JJ answered. Emily walked over to her and gave her a hug. But, as she did that JJ started sobbing.

"O-okay. Um, lets go sit down so you can talk." Emily said. She didn't really know what to do because she hasn't really seen JJ cry before. "What happened?" Emily asked when they sat down.

"Will wants a divorce because he thinks that I'm sleeping around with you. All because we hang out a lot." JJ explained.

"What? That's ridiculous. Why would he even think that?" Emily asked.

"I guess we hang out more than normal friends. Plus he had Garcia hack my phone and print out the messages between us. He thinks that we are flirting with each other, and that's what brought him to the conclusion that there is something going on between us." JJ told her.

"I can't believe he did that. Or why he would think that. There is nothing going on between us nor will there ever be anything go on between us. You're straight. I may like a girl, but I would never go after you. You're my best friend." Emily said. It killed her to say it, but JJ couldn't know that she was the one Emily liked. It kind of hurt JJ that Emily said that, but she pushed the feeling away.

"He just believes what he wants to believe." JJ said.

"I'm so sorry JJ. You shouldn't be going through this." Emily said.

"It is what it is." JJ said. After she said that, Sergio jumps up onto her lap. "I love this cat." JJ said, smiling.

"He's a love. He also missed his best friend." Emily said.

"I missed him and his cuddles." JJ said. She laid down on her side and put her head on Emily's lap. Sergio laid next to her stomach and fell asleep like that. Emily played with JJ's hair, causing her to almost fall asleep. "That feels nice." JJ mumbled. Emily smiled at her and kept doing it. Eventually JJ fell asleep, so she carefully got up and put a blanket over her and Sergio. She went to her room and tried to go to sleep but couldn't. She kept thinking about JJ and how she just wants to kiss her. She thinks that it's awful to think about, especially at this time, but she couldn't help it.

It started storming, which always makes Emily fall asleep. But, as Emily was about to fall asleep, she heard a scream. She quickly got up and ran out into the living room to see JJ holding on tightly to Sergio while crying. "JJ, what's wrong?" Emily asked. She sat beside JJ and hugged her.

"I don't like thunderstorms." JJ said. "I know. It's childish, but-"

"It's not childish. Lots of people are afraid of thunderstorms." Emily said.

"Will always told me that it was childish and tells me to get over it." JJ said. Then she chuckles a little bit. "I see numerous murderers and dead bodies, but yet I'm scared of thunderstorms."
"Everyone is scared of something. I'm scared of planes and boats." Emily said.

"Really?" JJ asked.

"Yep. Kind of a long story. But that's for another time. Right now we should get some sleep." Emily said.

"Can I lay with you?" JJ asked.

"Um, sure." Emily said, hesitating a little bit. "Would you like to borrow some pajamas so you aren't sleeping in jeans?"

"That would be nice." JJ said. They went into Emily's room, and Emily gave her some pajamas. "I am going to just change in here if that's okay." JJ said.

"That's fine. I will turn around." Emily said and did so. When JJ told her that she was done, Emily turned back around and laid down. JJ got in bed with her and covered up. But, lightning struck along with a loud clap of thunder, and that made JJ jump. "It's okay. It's okay." Emily said to JJ as she hugged her. They laid back down, and Emily didn't let go of JJ. JJ clung onto Emily and listened to her heartbeat. She started calming down, and her grip on Emily loosened a little bit. Emily's arms were wrapped around JJ, and she had no intention of letting go until she needed to. JJ felt like she was safe in Emily's arms, and she never wanted to leave. She never wanted to get up. She just wanted to stay in her arms forever. Eventually they fell asleep with Sergio beside JJ.

A/N

Hey guys! This took a lot longer than I had anticipated. I hope you like it!