CH 15

CURRENTLY UNEDITED SO IF THERE ARE MISTAKES BARE WITH ME I WILL EDIT SOON.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ 

I stayed in my room pacing back and forth trying to clear my head. Tara knew how far I had come since leaving home. She knew It was hard for me and that I had grown so much. I didn't want to feel like I needed him around anymore. I broke out of thought once again from the knock on the door.

"Anne please open up" I hear Tara's pleading voice. "We just want to talk and clear the air"

I had a mental battle on if I wanted to open the door or not but eventually I did.

"I have nothing to talk to either of you about. Tim, you already know how I feel about you. Nothing from our last conversation on the cliff changed. Tara... I just...I don't know...how could you" my head lowers as I try to gather myself again, "I want you both to leave now" I say opening the door and waiting for them to leave. They both seemed reluctantly to leave however slowly excited my apartment.

Getting up and leaving again would be so easy, I thought to myself. But truth be told I'm just tired of running away. I've decided I'm just going to let everything go, and just go about my life like it never even happened.

———————————————————————————

Monday rolled around a lot quicker than I would've liked. I found my fingers cramping as my fingers raced along the keyboard. I found myself looking for more and more to do trying to distract myself because I count get this toxic man out of my damn head. The day finished quicker than I would like for once and I was driving home. I decided to change and go for a run. I jogged for a good hour before my body started to give up. I found myself at a place I go to often. I sat on the bench over looking the cliff. The sun was beginning to set and the colors reflected the water beautifully. This was perfect. This made me forget.

"How'd I know I'd find you here" he voice sends shivers down my spine. I shut my eyes tightly and in take a deep breathe. I feel his presence beside me and confirm it once I open my eyes. We are both silent and just enjoy the sun setting. 

Once the sun was nearly set we sat in silence as the small lamp posts began to light.

"Anne, I came back for a reason" he says and waits but I have nothing to say.

"Anne" he says my name repeatedly but I stay silent. 

"Say something please" he begs but literally my mind is blank. I shuffles his hair roughly as he grows impatient.

"Anne" he pauses and from the the corner of my eye I can see him turn his body towards me. "Anne I think I...I don't know but " he stops and this time I turn to him. He staring intently at the floor looking completely flustered.

"I'm asking you for a second chance" he finally says and my body relaxes. I look at him for a while studying his features before getting up and walking past him.

"Anne does that mean yes" he questions with hope laced in his voice.

"no" I say bluntly over my shoulder as I begin to jog.

"Anne I love you" I hear his voice echo and I stopped abruptly. My sudden stopping causes me to fall down and I'm sitting there in awe. I hear his footsteps and before I know it he's kneeling on he ground right in front of me. It's completely dark now but the sunlight and lamps light up enough for me to see his eyes glistening with tears threatening to spill over.

I hadn't even realized the tears streaming down my face until he wiped one away softly.

"I'm sorry it took me so long to say" he says deeply and I shut my eyes tightly." Come on, lets get you home" he says lifting me up and walking me to his car. The car ride was silent. Before I knew it we were in front of my building.

"Are you okay, you haven't said a word" he says cautiously.

"No. I'm not okay" I say turning to him. "You don't get to dismiss all the times you've hurt me and just say that and come back" my voice was a lot shakier than I would've liked but I continued, "this isn't a fairy tale and it's not your happy ever after" I say and exit his car. I walk up the stairs to the front door and hear him calling out my name before entering. 

It just had to be this way.