Ch -13

As promised ... here is your next chapter xoxo

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

*One Year Later*

**Anne's P.O.V.**

BEEP BEEP       BEEP BEEP        BEEP BEEP

I groan fumbling around my bed side table trying to silence the loud ringing that was coming from my phone. Successfully muting the sound I pull my blanket closer to my chest and fall back asleep 

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

I jump abruptly when I'm met by the sound once again. Groaning and sitting up I finally  turn off my alarm after muting it for a fourth time. I yawn stretching trying to wake myself up. Going into the bathroom I do my morning routine to get ready for my day.I put on a bathing suit with some shorts and a tank top and grab my beach bag and phone as I exit my room. I press the home button on my phone and speak, "Siri, call Tara" I speak clearly and my phone begins to do so. 

I go to my kitchen and make myself a bowl of cereal as the phone rings, "hellerrrrr" my ears perk at the sound of Tara's singing voice. I smile rolling my eyes.

"are you on your way to my place?" I question before I hear the sound of her car locking. "hellooooo" I say as im continually met with silence. As if on que, my doorbell rings. 

"who is it" I say into the speaker. 

"its the best human alive" I hear followed by Tara's giggling. I roll my eyes buzzing her in before going and unlocking the door. I wash some dishes waiting for her and soon enough my door slams shut.

"whats up sis" her voice rings and she comes and give me a side hug. "are you ready to tan girl because I'm trying to get crispyyyy" she says while rubbing her arms.

"for sure im trying to get golden" I say smirking at her. I grab some snacks and stuff them in both of our bags before pulling her out my door.

-------------------- a little later ------------------

"ahhh" I sigh, "this is the life" I say crossing my legs and closing my eyes as I let the sun tan my skin.

"it sure is girl, it sure is" Tara says . 

Tara is my best friend. I met her a week or so after moving out of town about a year ago. We met at this pool actually and ever since then we have been inseparable. I'm really lucky to have met her especially at such a vulnerable time for me. 

"Uncle Jimmyyyyy" I hear a small voice in the distance and I smile at the sound. 

"hey little Jay" I hear a deep voice respond and my smile drops. I shake my head as I try to get the thought of Jay out my head. Believe it or not after the fourth month when I moved I started doing really well getting Tim out of my head. But Jay? I don't know but I had grown so attached to the kid. After quitting it was one of the hardest things especially cause Tim would randomly send me little voice notes and video of Jay asking for me.

My thoughts were interrupted by a tickle to my cheek. My eyes flew open and peered to the left of me where I had felt the tickle. I'm met with big brown eyes as the little boy continues to graze my cheek. I stare a few more seconds before my eyes go wide.

"Jay?" my voice is quiet and cracks. A huge smile grows on his face and he begins to jump.

"A! A! A! A!" he chants as he jumps up and down squishing my face. I cant help the few tears that escape my eyes as shock still takes my body. I sit up quickly and give him a hug that was interrupted by Tara.

"Anne not to be rude but what the f-.." she pauses and looks down at Jay, "flip" she finishes and I cant help the huge smile thats on my face.

"Tara you remember when I told you about my old boss" I said muffled and she nods, " and his son" I say and her face softens.

"Jay" she says as realization hits, " so this is the little guy" she says sitting closer to me, "Hey bud" she says and he frowns.

"No" he shakes his head and pokes my nose, " A say bud not you" he says and I chuckle.

"well can I call you Jay?" she says and he smiles nodding yes. "uhhh Anne" she says suddenly uneasy as she points towards the tall man who's walking my way. I immediately pull Jay to my chest and he hugs my arm.

"Can you get your hands off my nephew before I call the security" he says sternly, you can tell he's trying to keep his cool.

"I'm sorry and you are?" I question standing and pushing Jay behind me.

"I'm his uncle and I don't appreciate you-" he starts to get loud but I cut him off.

"prove it" I say in disgust laced with worry. He sighs with a groan and I can see his face getting red.

"listen girl im trying not to put my hands on you but if I ha-" his voice gets intense but its cut off by a deeper voice.

"Anne" I hear his voice and my body almost crumbles. I tern my head ever so slightly and my eyes are met wit his deep blue ones. As soon as he spoke the big guy in front of me backed off. 

"wh-what are you doing here?" I say trying to sound unbothered but my stutter ruins it.

"Daddy look" Jay squeals and comes from behind me. He grabs my hand and starts to jump and tug on it, "It's A!" he says with a big smile. 

"I know baby" he says ruffing his hair and grabbing his hand. "why dont you go with uncle jimmy for a little " he questions and Jays face frowns. He nudges him on and he sunkingly walks over to the big guy who moments ago was probably going to hit me. He looks back at me and sighs.

"Anne" he says and my name falls out of his lips so effortlessly, same way they did on that cliff a year ago. I just starred at him because I didn't know what to say. It almost felt like we were having a starring contest before I heard someone clear their throat.

"Anne do you want to go" I hear Tara's voice which snaps me back to reality. I look at her and my eyes say it all. I don't know. "Why don't we go to the concession stand and get something to eat, yeah?" she questions and I nod. I turn back to Tim and look down for a second.

"If you will excuse us" I say as I turn and walk to the stand with Tara. As we order and wait I turn to her and shake my head. 

"I can't believe that's him...and he's .. HERE" she says whisper yelling with big round eyes.

"I know" I say breathlessly.

"you gonna be okay? we can leave Anne" she says her voice getting quiet. I look at my phone quickly and look back at her and smile.

"it's okay ill be good" I say reassuring her and I see her relax. It was currently 3:00 pm and the life guard she likes would be getting off duty any time now for break and I know she wouldn't want to leave. "I'll be good" I repeat more to myself than anything. We get our food and make our way back to our chairs and begin eating. 

"A!" I hear Jays small voice yell as he swiftly walks to me. He smiles big and looks down at my plate.

"would you like my fries bud" I say and he smiles even bigger shaking his head vigorously. I pat a part of my chair indicating for him to sit down and he does while grabbing a fry and tossing it in his mouth. 

"A!" he says leaning back against my tummy with his eyes closed munching on his fries. I break into a smile. I turn to make a comment to Tara but she's gone walking toward the life guard. Instead I am met with Tim's blue eyes.

"so Anne, long time no see" he says looking at me intently.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sooo what did you guys think? I was going to do 1-2 chapters for In between the year when she moved and stuff but it would've been unnecessary filler that would've been boring so I decided to do it this way.

Anyway love ya xoxox 

unedited still btw :/