Ch 14

**Anne's P.O.V.**

Eventually Jay had dosed off on my lap. Guess the pool, sun, and food can do that to a kid. I was gently caressing his head as Tim cleared his throat.

"are you going to say anything?" he questions with hope laced in his voice.

"I really don't know what you want me to say to you." I sigh, "I'm happy I got to see Jay again." I say caressing his hair.

"and what about me?" Tim questions as if he expected me to say more.

"what about you?" I question turning my head and finally making eye contact with him. He made no reaction and had no response. He just stared blankly at me.

"You know part of you couldn't live with out me before." he scoffs at me.

"Well I was dumb but I got some sense now and I've been doing just fine" I respond with the same ignorance in my voice. He rolls his eyes and leans back in the lounge chair. Timothy Smith taking defeat? Well,thats a new one.  Within seconds, Jay shoots up from my lap. Both of our heads snap in his direction as he rubs the sleep from his eyes.

"Swim daddy swim" he says jumping up. I guess he got his second wind. Tim grabs Jays hand and walks to the other side where the shallow end is. As if on cue, Tara walks up to me.

"You okay?" she asks me drying herself off.

"Yeah , Im ready to go when you are" I say calmly and she starts to stuff everything in her bag.

"ok then lets go" she says and I sigh in relief. We quickly cleanup our area and before you knew it, we were on our merry way.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It's been about 3 days since I saw Tim and to say I have isolated myself is to say the least. I don't know what it is about him. I've done so well living my life and then he just shows up and my whole world stops.

My thought is interrupted by a notification on my phone. It's a text from tara saying 'you can't ignore me forever' . As if on que, my doorbell goes off. A smile finds my face as I walk up to my door rolling my eyes. I press the buzzer letting her in and turn on the tv waiting for her on the couch.

Shortly after I'm met with the sound of knocking on my front door. I touch the screen next to my door to see who's at the door and my eyes go wide when I see see Tim. I try not to make a sound as I go and quickly mute the television. A moment of silence passes and then I hear the knocking again.

"I know you're in there A, you had to buzz me in" he says and I mentally curse myself for not checking first. I walked up to the door but hesitate.

"What do you want Tim?" I question trying to sound strong.

"I just want to talk" he says almost sounding desperate. I take a deep breathe while shaking my head.

"Timothy, just leave" I say and hear a frustrated sigh.

"Fine" he says as I watch the screen and see him walk away from my door.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About two hours pass before I hear another buzz.

"Who is it?" I asked being smarter this time.

"It's Tara" she's say in a nervous tone. I buzz her in thinking to myself. I'm so used to Taras loud bubbly self that it was so transparent when she felt anything else. I shrugged to myself brushing it off. It's probably because we haven't spoken for a few days.

I wait around for a while till I heard the familiar sound of the bell. Checking the screen I unlock the door and am met with a nervous looking Tara.

"I knew you sounded different but what's wrong ? Is it because we haven't spoken? I'm sorry you know I-" I begin to speak but she interrupts me.

"No..." she pauses, "we all need to talk" she said and almost immediately looks at the ground.

"Who's we ? It's just you and I Tara" I say urging her on and she scratches the back of her neck awkwardly. She take a step to her side and within seconds Tim fills the vacant spot next to her.

"Oh you've got to be kidding me" I say getting ready to shut the door. Tara jams her foot in the door pushing it open and slipping through with Tim.

"I really don't need this shit right now" I say more annoyed than I intended to. I continuously tapped my foot waiting for the to retreat back to the door and leave. Instead they both made themselves comfortable on my couch.

I reluctantly shut the door and lock it making my way to my love seat seated across from them both.

"We'll speak I guess" I say crossing my legs and leaning back.

"Tim said he misses you" Tara blurts out and simultaneously his eyes grow huge.

"I didn't exactly say that" he defends and now they are looking at each other.

"Yes you did" she rebuttals crossing her arms.

"When did you both even have time to talk" I question with my eyebrow raised.

"When she called me" Tim blurts out.

"Hey you called me first" she snorts.

"Technically I wasn't the one who called " he speaks in a mocking tone.

"Do y'all need some time alone" I say rolling my eyes ready to get up.

"No no wait I'll explain" Tara says pleadingly with her hand out.

" About a month ago I got an email about you. I saw Timothy's name and I looked him up and I was like woah it's the guy you told me about. I ignored it but the emails were persistent and then one day I got a call, from some guy" she says explaining.

"My Guy Ruben" Tim interrupts to add.

"Yeah Ruben" Tara agrees," anyway he called me asking if we could meet up and I of course was like fuck no because he could be some serial killer. I ignored the phone calls from then on but one day I answered and long story short he knew where we were going to be the day we went to the pool... I'm sorry but I know you missed the baby and-" I stop her shaking my head  and putting my hand up.

"You brought him back" my voice cracks and immediately my eyes water.

I couldn't help it that tears welled up. I quickly got up and scrambled to my bedroom shutting the door and locking it.

How could you Tara .. how could you.

——————-

Did you like it ? Currently writing the next chappy.

Comment vote share
All of it love y'all xoxo.