Chapter Twenty: The Immortals

Chapter Twenty

After that unconformable hug with Damon and I. We were back to our old selves in no time.

“It's that way.” I tell Damon,

“No, I think I know what way my house is.” he argued back,

“Whatever.” I said,

He was right about going his way, but my way would've been more safe. It was kind of weird to be near the house that Erik had once lived in. It was huge, bigger then my house. It was made out of bricks, it was simple and looked homey.

“Stay here.” He demanded. He goes inside, but I refuse to listen. I go inside but I turn another direction towards the stairs. Damon is downstairs so he won't even know--

“Damn Penelope! I tell you too stay in one place and you don't listen to that.” he growled,

“Calm down, I just wanted to explore.”

“Explore? Seriously? You make me feel old.” I was about to ask him why, but he walked away.

I opened the first room I saw which was Erik's room. It had his name printed on the door,

There was practically dust everywhere with all I was consuming into my lungs. I open a closet window and let the air come inside. I saw a drawer and I swiftly opened it, there was a bunch of papers scattered around making it a bit messy, but I picked the one I saw that made my heart break. It was a picture of his parents and him also Damon. They looked happy. On the left side was little Damon, I could tell because of the eyes. He looked happy as he smiled into the camera. His front teeth was messing which made it look cute. His father had him on top of his shoulders. He was looking right up at Damon. There characteristics looked so alike, but the one that caught my attention was there mother.

She had blond hair that shinned bright even with the camera it captured it right. She had the same eyes like Damon, but her's actually showed something more then Damon would ever have. She seemed to care about her family the most. She had her hand around a little boy with brown hair in bright green eyes. He smiled widely as he seemed to be laughing. This was a family picture.

I felt like crying, but I held it in. There something behind this picture. I flipped it over too see a string behind it. That's weird? I pulled on it and in came a tiny paper with words inscription on it.

It started with Dear Sons and ended with sincerely your mother and father. I couldn't bare to read this when Damon had the right to read it first. I ran downstairs and saw Damon crying?

“Are you okay?” I ask, slowly walking not for me to get too close,

“Stay away okay!”

“I just wanted to tell you that I found somethi-”

“I don't care, just leave me alone.” He walked away so fast that I only caught his electrifying eyes looking sad?

“A message.” I mumble as I sit on a couch which looked like it was ready to tumble down any second,

~..~

The first test is to go the mountain of Youth. There you must challenge your mind into not growing old, but develop your body to control the amount it is getting. The second test is for you to enter the Land of the Mischief. They will rob you tell you have no more. You must prove that you are worthy and not let them rob you one cent. Or if they do then you will not come out alive, as you see there in the midst lives a young troll and when you don't have anything in return he will eat you alive.

No! No! Those eyes, those white crystal eyes that hunt me,

The final test involves strengths and determination. You must enter the fire of The Immortals. You must have the stone of youth, the stone of mischief and your soul. If you have the courage into saving all the Immortals then you will save all of them. There you will become the The Immortal Queen. If not and you fail then There will be an Apocalypse for the world. Not only for The Immortals, but for human kind as well. It is up too you young human to save this world.”

I can't be Queen! I'm not meant to be Queen.

Everything will be fine, I promise.” Damon said smiling as his crystal eyes gleamed

Were waiting Penelope.” Those green eyes.

NO! NO! I”M NOT READY! I WANT MY FAMILY BACK! I WANT ESMERALDA. Esmeralda, Esmeralda, Esmeralda, Esmeralda.”

..........

“Wake up Penelope!” I shook up with a pain in my head only to feel tears come from my eyes. Damon was hugging me twice in a row.

“What happened?” I asked as I let go of him. Hating that he saw me this way,

“You had a bad dream, you were shouting Esmeralda and something else I didn't quite catch. Do me a favor and go back to sleep without the screaming?” He asked, but more demanding then asked

“Hmm, I'll try.” I mumbled, I covered myself back again with a blanket. I was sleeping in Erik's room even though Damon said not to, but I stubbornly stayed here tell I feel asleep. So, I won.