chapter eighteen - the accident

Sorry for the late update today... summer school is kicking my ass.

Also I have some beef to start with some of my readers... My last chapter got over 220 comments and I am beyond grateful for that (here is where the but comes in) BUT so far less than 60 votes (with 527 reads).

For all of you who did vote, I love you and greatly appreciate you. For those who aren't voting and are probably not even reading this... I just have one question, why you gotta do me like this?

In no way am I trying to be greedy. If you've written a book, you know what it feels like to get votes. Someone you don't even know is appreciating your book, and it is truly amazing.

I have so much shit to do for school rn and instead of doing that, I write. Not only for myself, but mainly for all of you. All I'm asking for is that if you're a reader who comes back to my book every time I update then please vote and comment.

It's the absolute best feeling in the world when I get notifications that you guys are enjoying this book. I want to thank all of you who comment and especially the ones who vote. I love every single one of you, regardless of if you vote or not.

Sorry for the rant
ON WITH THE CHAPTER:

——————————————

"No."

As soon as the word leaves my mouth... well X knows I fucked up.

"She didn't mean that, Luce. She understands. She just doesn't like to admit when she's wrong." X explains while sending me a death glare.

"No. I mean it. I don't understand." I say while standing up straight, building up the courage to look Lucifer in his eyes.

BEFORE I CONTINUE WITH THE STORY:
I would like to advise all of you to not say any of the demon's names out loud. The names included in this book are names of 'actual' demons, I am not making them up on my own. I've heard stories that even just saying their name can like summon them or some shit. I'm not saying it's real or saying I believe in it, but just in case please don't.

"Ukobach!" Lucifer's voice bellows throughout the entire ballroom and I soon hear footsteps approaching me from behind. I turn around to see a demon walking towards us.

"How may I serve you?" He bows to satan and I scoff. "Take this human to the library while I have a conversation with Death." The demon reaches out to grab my arm but I dodge his hand.

"Don't touch me, demon." I feel a whack on the back of my head. "Ow..." I turn around to see X staring angrily at me. That bitch slapped the back of my head.

"FINE. I'll go. Have a blessed fucking day. Lucifer, you truly are a saint." My words drip with sarcasm as I exaggerate a curtsy and walk away with the demon.

We exit the ballroom and walk down a few hallways. "So... Ukulele, how's your day going?" The demon scowls at me. "My name is Ukobach, not a Hawaiian mini guitar. I am the keeper of the internal flame, ignorant human."

"Apparently you're satan's bitch too, but I'm not judging." We reach the library and Ukulele takes a seat in one of the leather chairs. I walk around the giant library, letting my hands glide across the books.

I grab a book that's titled 'Ancient Demons and Their Infernal Legacy.' If I'm going to be spending an eternity around demons, I might as well read up about him. I sit on one of the leather couches across from Ukulele. I glance up at him and he won't stop staring at me.

"Are you gonna leave?" I ask, getting annoyed by his presence. "I cannot risk an ignorant human wreaking havoc. I shall stay here." The way these demons talk really annoys me.

Once again, if I am going so spend an eternity around demons I should also get to know them? "Alright, Ukobutt. Tell me about yourself." I say while opening up the book. "I have no interest in speaking to foolish humans."

"Hecho número uno: doesn't like speaking." I look through the table of contents and find Ukobach's name. I flip to his page and start reading through the facts listed.

"It says here that you invented fireworks... I'm pretty sure China did that, but nice try. Oh! I was right, you have the lowest position in hell's hierarchy." I don't get a response from him so I give up on the whole communicating idea.

I flip back to the first page of the book and begin reading. The one that catches my attention is named Ihrinwe, the Lord of Blood.

If satan is coming up with these names, he really needs to put in more effort... or less? I can't even attempt to pronounce that, I'll call him Ernie.

Apparently Ernie is the 'most aggressive of all demons' and possesses criminals and psychopaths as well as violent dictators, who were either under his control or an actual incarnation of him... Jeepers!

I decide not to read anymore and stand up to put the book away. I place it on the shelf and turn around to see X standing face to face with me. "Jesus, Mary, and fucking Joseph." I clutch my chest and step back.

"It's time to leave." X grabs my arm and we are suddenly back in the bedroom. "Why can't we walk like normal human beings?" I ask, still not used to this whole 'teleportation' thing.

"I'm not a human being." X says and pushes me towards the bed. "Sit." He commands. I know I'm really in for it this time. I hesitantly sit on the bed and wait for him to speak. He starts to pace around the room.

"You know you really fucking embarrassed me today, Zion." X says and I'm surprised he's not yelling like usual. "I'm sorry. I-" He holds his hand up, indicating for me to stop talking.

"What did Luce show you?" X asks, referring to when Lucifer basically transported me to another dimension or some shit. He stops pacing around the room and stands in front of me, waiting for me to explain.

"I was on a boat in the middle of... maybe Antarctica? I was surrounded by icebergs and there was a clown on one who wanted to kill me." I wave my hands around for exaggeration. "Your biggest fear is... a clown... on an iceberg?"

"How would you feel if you were on a boat and you randomly see a fucking clown on a damn iceberg. How the fuck did he get there? I don't know!" X shakes his head. "You managed to piss Luce off."

"He can cry me a river, build me a damn bridge, and get the fuck over it." I stand up and walk over to the bathroom to take a shower. X grabs me from behind and pulls me back into the room. "That's not how things work here."

"How would I fucking know how things work here? If you didn't know, I've never been in Hell before!" I shove him off me and try to go back to the bathroom but he grabs my arm and pulls me back.

"I can't let you get away with treating anyone here with blatant disrespect. You are coming with me to collect souls." X threatens as he takes a hand and traces the bite mark on my neck. I flinch away from the pain.

"You want me..." I point at myself "...to come with you..." I point at him "... to watch people die?" He simply nods before dragging me towards the door.

"Okay, first of all. Can't I sleep first? Second, why are we using the damn door if you're just going to use your teleportation magic?"

"You're dead, you don't need sleep." I scrunch up my face to his response. "Then why do you have a bed?" X stops dragging me and smirks. "For fucking, babygirl."

X pulls me out the door and instead of walking into the hallway, we walk into somewhere I've been missing... Earth.

In front of me is a horrific car accident. I place my hands over my mouth as my eyes take in what's remaining of the demolished cars.

"This is our first stop, we aren't collecting any souls here." I'm about to ask why we're even here but I stop myself when I see a little girl's bloodied body on the street.

It's not just any little girl...

It's me.

——————————

vote!!!! and comment