chapter twenty eight - the cell

vote and comment

————————————

I smack the shit out of X, causing him to back away from me. I don't know where this new strength has come from, but I'm digging it.

A/N: I know she just gave birth but she's half demon so she healed quickly OKAY?

I quickly jump out of the bed and race out of the room. When I open the door and step out, I'm in Lucifers castle. How did I do that?

I slowly walk around the castle, trying to be as quiet as possible. I'm still in the hospital gown, but I couldn't care less. I quickly turn around when I hear the cries of a baby.

I run towards it, not caring about any noise I'm making anymore. I bust into the room I first met Lucifer in, to see him handing Universe to two demons. "Stop!" I scream and run over to the couple, grabbing Universe from them.

I cradle him in my arms and he stops crying. "It is clear that the mother was not informed about the parenting situation for this child." Lucifer says to the two demons and turns to me. "You will not be raising Universe, you are able to see him whenever you'd like but you will take no part in his upbringing."

I start to back up, not allowing my child to be raised by anyone other than me. I look behind me to see if it's clear for me to run but when I look back at Lucifer, I'm in my bedroom. How am I doing this?

Universe cooes in my arms as I sit on the bed. "I'm not gonna let them take you from me." I fix his blanket before placing a kiss on his forehead.

I set him down on some pillows while I get dressed quickly. I continue to keep my eyes on him until I'm fully clothed. "Alright, Uni, what are we gonna do?" I pick up the sleeping baby gently.

"We're going to bring him back to Lucifer before you get into a shit ton of trouble." I quickly turn around to see X standing behind me. He reaches out to grab Universe but I back out of his reach.

X's eyes turn a deep maroon before he grabs onto my arm. Confusion is written all over his face when he realized we didn't teleport.

The bedroom door crashes to the floor, revealing a furious Lucifer. I scream and hide behind X, but he moves out of the way. "Hand the child over." Lucifer growls and I protectively tighten my hold on Universe.

Lucifer walks over the remains of the door and up to me. I back up into the wall as demons come flooding into the bedroom. "You have disobeyed the laws of hell and will suffer the consequences." Lucifer threatens and rips Universe out of my arms.

"Give! Him! Back!" I scream, causing every glass object in the room to shatter. Everyone stops in shock, waiting for Lucifer's response. "Put her in the dungeon."

Two demons come closer to me and I quickly run out of their way. I grab a chair from X's desk and swing it at Lucifer. It smashes into pieces as Lucifer turns around, completely unharmed.

The demons grab me from behind and I struggle against them. Seconds later, I'm in a cell with six demons. A few hold me down while chains are put on my wrists.

They leave me alone in the cell and I quickly mutter those latin words that will bring me to X, but it doesn't work. I pick myself up from the ground and touch the cell bars.

A shock is sent roaring through my body and I fall to the ground in pain. "Thee cannot leaveth." I look in the direction of the British voice and see a lady sitting in the cell next to me.

I groan and move into a sitting position. "What did get thee in h're?" She asks, looking at me through the bars that separate our cells. "I stole my child from Lucifer." She nods. "Ah. Well thee shouldn't b-"

"And then I smashed a wooden chair on his head." I cut her off, explaining the rest of the simplified story. "What madeth thee believeth yond wouldst beest a valorous idea?" I shrug, not knowing what the hell she's saying.

I look down at my body and place my chained hands on my stomach. It's flat once again. "What shit did you do to piss Lucy off?" I ask and the woman shudders as if a breeze of wind hit her. "Doth nay useth such language! Backeth home thee wouldst beest execut'd f'r such w'rds"

"Look, woman, I don't know what the fuck you're saying. You sound like a damn Shakespeare play." I shake my head, examining the dirty stone floor. "That gent once wroteth 'Hell is empty and all the devils are here.' t'was a-"

"What year... doth thee bethink... we art in?" I try my best to construct a Shakespearean sentence. "1598"

"You have a lot to catch up on. It's 2018." I damn near gave the lady a stroke. "Doth not forswear to me!" She points a finger at me and looks quite angry.

"If I'm going to be here a while, we need to work on the way you speak." Before I can continue my conversation with the lady, Lucifer walks up to my cell... holding Universe.

————————————

vote and comment