Chapter 22

Chapter 22
Lovesick

I smiled when I felt a pair of strong arms hug me. I felt his warmth on my back as I was cooking dinner. I already put the butter, onion and garlic when Gray hugged me.

"Smells delicious." He said as he placed kiss on my ear. I giggled when he did that.

"How was rehearsal?" I asked and continued stirring the vegetables in the pan.

"It was okay. Natsu, as usual, is a mess on rehearsal." He complained. He is still hugging me on the back. I smiled and rolled my eyes. Even though he complains a lot about Natsu, I know he enjoyed it.

"How about you? How was your day?" He asked.

"Well, I did some photoshoots on a make up brand today. And I meet Kallen today." I answered.

It was really hard to go out these past few weeks because of the issue but I still managed. My manager in the agency has handled me well. And although there are still people who talks about me, I didn't mind them. People are also asking for a picture as I walk outside. It was a bit weird and awkward.

"I signed a new contract today." I said, happily. I lowered the heat of the stove and turned around to see him. He put his hands on my waist as I tiptoed and kissed him. It is an exclusive offer with a fashion magazine. I would also join the runway next fall. Ms. Pia casted me in one of her line ups.

"Is that so?" He grinned. He pulled me against him. "Congratulations, professional model. I'm so proud of you." He kissed me on the lips slowly and sweet. I closed my eyes and responded to him. "How about we celebrate it in our room?"

My cheeks blushed, so did my neck and arm. I slapped him lightly on the chest. "What?! I'm still cooking, Gray-sama."

He laughed and shrugged. "Well, I'm just saying."

I chuckled as well. I looked up to him and saw how his eyes smile. That's all I ever wanted. "Let's have dinner first, Gray. I am cooking pasta."

"Okay. I'll just take a shower." He said.

I turned around to the stove and continued my cooking. After he took a shower, he helped me put the plates on the table and we ate together. This is one of the moments I cherished. Peaceful moments like these, where we don't have to worry about what the people are going to say. We're still discreet on our relationship. Some of Angel's fans are now calm and they wouldn't care much about Gray and Angel's loveteam. But we still have to be careful.

Mavis continues to soar on the music charts as they released a new single. There are many offers for me as well. Maybe it was the publicity that Gray and I are involved. Some fans are still sending hate comments. And I am already used to their insults. Weeks and I got immuned to all of the things they have in showbiz.

"Awards night is on Friday, Juvia." Gray said as we eat dinner.

I sighed. Erza suggested that we should make the first appearance as a couple in the awards night. From there, we can clarify our relationship. Jane approved of it and said that it would be a good publicity for the both of us.

"I'm nervous. I've never been to an awards night." I said. "They'll ask a lot of questions." I am almost hyperventilating with my thoughts. We are going to be bombarded with questions.

Gray shrugged. He took my hand and caressed it. "Don't worry about it. We will answer them as best as we can. Angel will get over it. People will get over it."