Chapter 8

Chapter 8
Killed twice

The first sense that works within me is sense of hearing. I heard a beeping sound near my ear. Then, the second was when I opened my eyes, when I saw a bright light up above.

It took me seconds before I realized it was a light bulb. My eyes were blurry and got irritated when I see the light. I tried to move my hand so I can protect my eyes from the light but I can't. My whole body hurts. And my arms seem stuck.

My throat felt dried, like some rock had hit it. I blinked too many times as I wondered why is my body feeling this way until I remembered what happened to me. A car hit me while I was crossing a street. I hit my head on the ground. And before that, there was Gray.

There was me saying my feelings for him. There was me walking away.

My eyes had started to fill with tears. I gasped, feeling the ache all over me.

"Juvia," a female soothing voice calm me. When I look to my side, it was Lucy. "Hey, hey, calm down, Juvia." She caressed her hand on my hair. Her eyes were filled with tears as well. "You're in a hospital, Juvia. You were as sleep for a day." Her voice is shaking. I felt so bad about her. "We were so worried."

"I'm sorry," My voice was hoarse and cracked.

Lucy shook her head. Tears had run down on her face. "No, it's not your fault. I'm so happy you're awake."

"I'm sorry." I repeated. Lucy shook her head again.

After that, Lucy used some intercom that's in the room to call a nurse or doctor, informing that I'm awake. A nurse came in the room, immediately after that. She asked me what I needed and I requested some water. She also checked something on me, checked my blood pressure and everything else. I looked at my left arm and it was casted. I also felt a bandage around my ribs. There's also one on my head. A doctor also came in the room, asking me a few questions. Like, what's the last thing that I remember; my name, and anything. The doctor also informed me about what happened. That I had a broken shoulder, a concussion on my head and a bruised lung. Most of the time I was asleep, it's the side effect of the medicine. My body didn't argue with that.

When I woke up the next day, Lucy was there. She insisted to stay even though I said that she should come home. Gajeel is there too. Of course, with Levy by his side.

"Lucy, I think you should go home and rest." I said. She shook her head.

"I'm going to stay."

"I'm okay. I'm awake now." I reasoned out. I know she's been here for a long time. "Where's Natsu?"

"Natsu's fine." She said. "I sent him a message already. And I've talked to my manager. I'm not going to work until you've been discharged."

"Juvia's right, Lucy. You should go home and rest. You've been here for a long time. I haven't seen you rest." Levy said. My eyes widened.

"Lucy!" I scolded. I tried to sit up straight. She sighed and raised her hand.

"Okay okay! I'll send Natsu a text. He'll pick me up here." Lucy got her cellphone from her bag and she got busy with it.

"He'll be here to pick me up." Lucy said after a while. "They will also visit you, Juvia."

I suddenly become nervous. When she said they, she means...Gray will also be there.