Chapter 13

Full picture credit goes to @crazyintheeast, I did not make it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

***Narrator's POV***

Beca sighed as she rested her head on top of the steering wheel. She had been sitting in her car outside of the Bellas house for half an hour. After the week she had at her father's place, she wasn't ready to face the Bellas. The brunette loved the Bellas and couldn't thank them enough for all the support they had given her, but also knew they would bombard her with questions that she didn't want to answer, not yet at least. She had opened up to them a lot, but this was a step too far Beca. She wasn't ready yet. All she could do was pray that they'd understand. After deciding that she had stalled for long enough, Beca finally used the little energy she had left and dragged herself out of the car. Spending a single day with her father was tiring, but an entire week was absolutely exhausting. The small brunette pulled open the trunk of the car, took out her bag that was almost the size of her, and slowly made her way up to the front door, before pausing. She took in a deep breath and braced herself before opening the front door. As she walked into the house she was met with wave of loud screams and 9 bodies crushing her into a massive group hug.

"Guys! I need to breathe!" Beca croaked out.

The Bellas' excited screams quietened down as they untangled themselves from the group hug. As Beca expected, she was immediately bombarded with a wave of questions.

"How was it?"

"Is everything okay?"

"What happened?"

"Did you get some dick?"

"Stacie!"

"What?"

"Girls!" Chloe laughed, "give her some space, she looks like she's about to explode from all these questions."

Beca sighed in relief as the girls finally backed off a little, "thanks Chlo." She said gratefully. "I'm um, just going to go upstairs to put my stuff away and freshen up a bit. I'll be back down for dinner." She said nervously before going upstairs to her room.

"Is she acting weird?" Cynthia Rose asked once Beca was too far away to hear them.

"She's acting weird." Stacie confirmed.

"I wonder what's up with her." Ashley said.

"She'll come around when she's ready." Chloe said, "just give her some time."

The Bellas shrugged it off and returned to their spots before Beca came home. Ashley and Jessica moved to the kitchen to prepare dinner as it was their night to cook, Emily sat on the couch with her journal writing song lyrics, Fat Amy went back to sexting Bumper and the rest of the Bellas continued to study. Chloe, however, couldn't focus on her study, she was too worried about Beca. She made a mental note to talk to the brunette later to see if she was okay.

Beca's phone rung for the second time since she got home. She denied the call without looking at the caller ID, she already knew it was her father. She was sick of talking to him and needed to get away. The DJ turned the water on to the shower and slowly stepped in. She closed her eyes as she felt the warmth of the water run through her hair and down her body. It was the first time she had been able to relax in a week. She could already feel her muscles finally relaxing after being tense for so long. Beca quietly hummed the melody to 'Titanium' by David Guetta, smiling as she remembered the time Chloe barged into her shower. That was the moment that she knew something was different about the redhead. Yes, different as in the fact that she didn't know anyone else that would barge into someone else's shower, completely butt-naked. But also, the fact that she had never met anyone like Chloe Beale. Something was different about her, her personality or her soul, if you believed in that kind of thing. Beca still couldn't figure out exactly what it was that made her so different, but she knew that there was no one else in the world like Chloe. That was one of the reasons why the brunette loved her so much. She opened her eyes again, already feeling better, and cleaned the weeks' worth of stress off her body. Once she had finished showering she wrapped herself into a towel walked straight to her room, too lazy to get dressed first. Then closed her bedroom door behind her and dropped her towel to the ground.