Chapter 5.

***Narrator's POV***

Beca and Chloe were in their element. Drinks in hand, dancing their hearts out and blocking off the rest of the world. This didn't go unnoticed by the Bellas who exchanged glances and smirks at each other as they watched their two captains dancing, completely oblivious to everyone around them. They were so encapsulated in each other that they didn't even notice the large group of guys crowding around them, trying so hard to flirt with the two girls that it was sad. Beca and Chloe watched each other as they danced so closely that their bodies were just touching while jumping and moving to the beat of the music. All they could focus on were each other. Beca bit her lip as she watched the smallest bit of sweat appear on Chloe's chest. Chloe met Beca's gaze and smirked. She slowly brought her hand to the brunette's chin and lifted her head so that she was facing Chloe. Beca could almost feel Chloe's gaze slowly move from her eyes, to her lips and then back to her eyes again. The two girls watched each other, as their eyes darkened with desire. The music blurred, and time froze as Chloe slowly moved closer to Beca to close the gap in between their lips. Beca's heart skipped a beat and her eyes widened in shock as she waited to finally feel Chloe's touch. She couldn't count the amount of times she wanted to do this and now, not only was it finally about to happen, but Chloe was the one to initiate it. She couldn't believe it; the Chloe Beale was about to kiss her. Just when their lips were mere millimetres apart, they were separated. Chloe felt a hand on her shoulder pull her away from the brunette. Both girl's hearts dropped at the sudden loss of contact. Chloe spun around to see what had caused the disruption to face her boyfriend, drunk off his ass and obviously horny. Before Chloe could even realise what was happening, Tom had pulled her into a kiss. A kiss she didn't want. Beca felt a sharp pain in her chest as she watched the one person that she loved most in this entire world, kiss someone else. Her heart broke. It was almost like she could hear it crack inside her. When Chloe realised what was happening, she pulled away and turned around to face her best friend, but she was gone. Even when she had been drinking, Chloe could tell that she had made a mistake. That was when it hit her, she was about to kiss her best friend. Holy shit, she was about to kiss BECA! Before Chloe could even think about what was just about to happen, Tom had pulled her in for another kiss.

Stacie felt a somebody crash into her, causing her to spill her drink. She turned around to give whoever it was a piece her mind but froze when she saw that it was Beca. The small brunette's eyes were red and filled with tears.

"Beca! Are you okay? What's wrong?!"

Beca simply turned around one last time to face the love of her life, kissing someone else. Someone that didn't deserve her. Someone that treated her badly and didn't give a shit about hurting her. The piercing pain in her chest throbbing once again. Stacie's jaw dropped as she watched Chloe kissing Tom.

"Beca... I'm so sorry-" Stacie began, only to be cut off by Beca.

"It's fine." Beca whispered as she turned back around to face the leggy brunette. She needed to get drunk. Now. "Just get me drunk, Stace."

"As you wish." Stacie smiled as she took Beca's hand and pulled her into the house towards the kegs.

All Chloe could think about was Beca. She pushed Tom away and frantically searched for her. When she spotted Cynthia Rose, Flo and Emily dancing together, she assumed that they had seen Beca on her way out.

"Have you seen Beca?!"

"No? We thought she was with you?" CR questioned.

"Is there something wrong?" Emily asked.