Chapter 7.

*** Narrator's POV***

Beca and Jesse were laying on the grass in the courtyard of Barden University. The pair had a fling in their first year at Barden, but Beca quickly realised that the relationship just didn't feel right to her. Although they had a complicated past, they both wanted to stay friends afterwards. It was awkward at first, but now the pair couldn't imagine their relationship to be any other way. Beca and Jesse always made the effort to see each other every now and then. This usually consisted of laying on the grass, staring at the clouds and talking about random things. But at the moment, the pair had found their way to a comfortable silence.

"Have you ever been in love with someone?" Beca asked out of nowhere.

"What?" Jesse replied as he shifted his head to face Beca.

"Have you ever been in love with someone?" Beca repeated as she kept her eyes fixed on the clouds, deep in thought. "I know you've probably loved someone, but have you ever been IN love with someone?"

"What do you mean? How are they different?" Jesse asked as he furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"Have you ever felt like you've met your soulmate? Like you've met the person that you're destined to spend the rest of your life with? The person that truly understands you, and if you ever lost that person... you wouldn't know how to breathe. Like everything would just stop and you wouldn't know how to live anymore." Beca paused. "Have you ever felt that way?"

"I-I don't think so. Have you?"

"I'm not completely sure... but I think I have. But not with the kind of person that you'd expect... with someone else. Someone who I never thought I would have to lose, ever. But I have."

"Have what?"

"Lost them. I mean they're still there... but I don't have them in the way that I need to, and I never will. But I have to see this person, every day. Every single day. I have to see them cry, laugh and smile. I see them work so hard and yet, they're still torn down. I see them go through life, without me... but, with someone else."

"Beca, I'm so sorry. Who is this person?"

Beca's eyes widened in realization of what she had just said. She didn't mean to tell Jesse quite that much. "Uh, no one. It doesn't matter." She said as she picked herself off the ground and began to pack up her things.

"Beca-"

"It's fine, don't worry about it." Beca said as she pretended to check the time on her watch, "look Jesse I gotta go, I just realized I have a class in 10 minutes. I'll talk to you later." The small brunette said as she walked off, mentally scolding herself. She needed to get away from the situation in case her friend asked anymore questions. So, she decided to head to the studio to work on her songs.

Chloe and Tom walked through the door of the Bellas household. They had just gotten back from their lunch date. Tom, of course ate as much as he wanted to, however, Chloe only had coffee. Her eating disorder had been getting worse lately and although Chloe denied it, Tom had been contributing to that.

"What should we do now babe?" Tom smirked as he eyed Chloe up and down while grabbing her waist to pull her closer.

"What do you wanna do?"

"Something like this?..." Tom said as he grabbed Chloe's ass and kissed her roughly, making Chloe uncomfortable.

"Tom, we're not alone. The Bellas could be anywhere around here." Chloe said in an attempt to find an excuse to stop.