Purring

Lance woke up a little earlier then Keith did, so he was still trapped underneath Keith who was now curled up next to him with the exception of his arms wrapped around Lance's torso and his head on Lance's chest.

He wasn't complaining though. He smiled down at Keith and started to play with his hair like the night before. But this time, Keith slowly woke up with a grunt and opened his eyes for a moment to look up at Lance.

"Good morning mullet." Lance cooed, still playing with Keith's hair.

Keith hummed in response and buried his face in Lance's side in embarrassment and not wanting to wake up. Lance chuckled and continued to run his fingers gingerly through Keith's hair. Gently combing out any knots he came across.

Keith mumbled something, liking the sensation of having his hair played with. It sent tingles down his spine and gave him goosebumps.

He also heard Lance's heart beat in his chest, washing a sense of calm over Keith. He liked this. He felt at home. Suddenly, a soft rumble came from Keith's chest, growing stronger by the second until it was audible to Lance.

Lance looked down at Keith in shock hearing the noise, and he hadn't noticed yet.

Is he purring? Lance thought excitedly, Do Galra purr? Is this a thing?!

Lance's eyes widened in interest as he moved his fingers around Keith's scalp, making the Galra hybrid purr louder. Lance started to feel the vibration in his side.

He gently rubbed behind Keith's ear hoping this was a sweet spot for him like it was for a cat, and for his luck, it was.

Keith, very much like a feline, leaned into Lance's hand and purred louder. Lance chuckled and sighed in contentment.

"You too cute..."  Lance muttered, just loud enough for the other boy to hear.

Keith perked up and adjusted himself to look up at Lance comfortably, "How?"

Lance smirked and decided not to tell Keith that he was purring just yet. He put a hand on Keith's chin and started to rub it sweetly, going up behind his ear from time to time.

"Lance? Wh-what are you- mmm..." Keith started confused but quickly lost his train of thought to the feeling of Lance's hand.

Leaning into it, Keith purred harder. He finally noticed he was purring when he felt the rumble in his throat. Keith quickly shot up and flushed a deep red of crimson. Looking at Lance in embarrassment he backed up to the door of the bed, the purring dying down to a barely audible rumble now.

"Aw... come on Keith. What's wrong?" Lance pouted.

Keith scratched his arm out of nervous habit, "You weren't supposed to hear that."

Lance's head tilted innocently, "Hear what?" He asked sweetly, "You purring?"

A satisfied smirk grew on Lance's face when Keith nodded and bit his bottom lip, trying to hide a smile of his own. Cute... was all Lance could think.

"But it was adorable." Lance said, laughing.

Keith blushed into a deeper shade of red if that was even possible, the shade going down Keith's neck.

Lance started to crawl towards Keith slowly and sat in front of him, "I want to hear you purr again." He said smoothly and smiled. Lance leaned towards Keith and pecked him softly on the cheek. He pulled away and looked into Keith's intelligent eyes to see his reaction.

Keith chose not to speak, not trusting his voice, and had looked down at his hands. The tips of his fingers were a hot pink shade. Lance placed his hands on top of Keith's and wrapped his fingers around them. Rubbing his thumbs in circles, massaging Keith's hands

Keith purred at the sensation and immediately tried to pull his hands away. But Lance didn't let him, tightening his grip.

"Come on Keith! Please!" Lance begged. Wanting to hear him purr.

Keith's brow furrowed as he shook his head, "I can't just purr. It's not voluntary!" He spoke as if it was an obvious fact.

Lance's smile turned mischievous, "that means I'm going to have to find ways that make you purr." He stated slyly. Getting nose to nose with Keith.

Keith tried to back up but being stopped by a wall. He was trapped. Lance leaned up again and this time kissed Keith's nose. He lingered for a bit before pulling away and then he reached up to Keith's ears.

Keith tried to dodge Lance but was quickly stopped being tackled by him, "I have to find things for you to enjoy..." Lance says thoughtfully now on top of Keith's chest.

"Lance!" Keith yelled, trying to sound annoyed at the other boy's hands now massaging his neck, head, and ears.

Keith started purring loudly and with that he gave in. "I hate you..." Keith mumbled as he purred louder and louder with ever touch. He wrapped his arms around Lance and leaned into the massage and let it happen, tired of trying to pretend he didn't like it.

Lance laughed at the final attempt to get him to stop, "No you don't. You love this." Lance cooed. Tickling under Keith's chin. Keith only grumbled in response lifting his chin unconsciously, and leaned into the touch.

Lance hummed and rested his head comfortably on Keith's chest. Letting the low rumble soothe him. This was where he wanted to be. He felt safe and happy. And Keith did too, yet he didn't want to show it.

This is just a cute fluffy chapter I really wanted to write. I always liked the idea of Keith being able to purr. And I thought this would be a cute way to play the idea out. I hoped you liked it and see you next chapter!