Confession

Lance quietly walked out of his room and turned the corner to Keith's. Once he got to the door he held up a fist to knock. But hesitated.

"Shit..." he whispered, breathing out a long sigh.

His hand held in the air for a few minutes before as he bounced and tried to amp himself to do the simple task.

He paced and turned a full circle, "Come on Lance... you can do this!" He muttered to himself.

Lance made a dramatic start to knock on the door multiple times, but his knuckles never made it to the door. They always managed to stop a few inches away from the metal.

He ran his fingers through his hair and groaned, "Why am I like thiiiss!!"

"What are you doing?"

Lance whipped around to the voice to see Keith standing behind him. He looked back at the room and to where Keith was again a couple times.

"Of course!" Lance practically yelled throwing his arms in the air in exasperation.

"I spent an eternity struggling with knocking on the damn door when the person I wanted to talk to wasn't even on the other side. I should have just knocked. It wouldn't have made a difference! I mean..." Lance rambled to himself throwing his arms around in gestures and dragged his hands down his face as he groaned loudly. A tint of pink rising to his face.

Keith observed the boy in amusement and smirked. He was flustered and looked... kinda cute like this.

"So you wanted to talk?" Keith asked walking past Lance towards his room.

Lance's face went ablaze as he realized why he had come here in the first place. The confidence he had just minutes ago was gone and now he was an embarrassing mess.

"W-well... umm..." He hesitated, "You know... it's not important really... I'm okay. Never mind."

Keith rolled his eyes, "Seriously? You went out of your way to come to me and tell me something, but now you don't? Just tell me."

Lance's face burned a brighter shade of red making his ears become pink, "M-my room is literally right there..." he stated pointing to the next door over. His door.

Keith gave him a deadpan look, blushing to himself as he saw Lance's flustered state. Why is he making me like this? Goddamnit... he's really cute though. Why does he have to be cute? Keith thought. Flushing more because of it.

Lance chuckled nervously, "Um... can we go in to talk?" He finally gave in. Knowing the bullshit he was pulling wasn't sitting well with Keith. Of course it isn't Lance! He isn't an idiot! Why do I have to be so stupid sometimes!! Lance scolded himself. Sighing and rubbing the back of his neck looking at his shoes.

Keith nodded and opened his door, letting Lance in first. He was wondering why Lance was having trouble knocking on the door? Was it something important? Lance said it wasn't though...

Keith sat on his bed as Lance paced the room looking at anything and everything but Keith. He was nervous. I need to do this. He thought. Or I may not be able to again. This is my chance.

Keith observed Lance for a minute before speaking up, "What do you want to talk about?"

"I don't necessarily want to..." Lance wavered. "I mean I do, but I'm scared to do so. I've just been holding this damn secret for too long and I can't do it anymore. I've told Hunk, but only Hunk. But I need to tell you. I've finally got this far to doing so, b-but it's difficult. R-really
fu-fucking difficult..." He said quickly. Stumbling on his own words in the end.

Keith stood up, now genuinely worried. A secret? Why is he so beat up about a secret? He put a hand on the Cuban boy's shoulder.

"Whatever it is, you can tell me. You're obviously stressing about it and that won't help you." Keith reassured him. He then realized he needed to tell Lance his secret too. But right now? It depends on the situation...

Lance took a deep breath through his nose, "Okay..." he started, calming himself down, "I have been thinking about this for... a long time... before we even found the blue lion. I was confused at first. So I thought maybe it was just admiration..."

Keith could tell Lance was leading into something. But wasn't going to rush it. He needed to hear Lance out.

"You. You were just... I don't know... awesome. You never took crap from anyone. You knew how to fight. And you were smart and good with everything! I was kinda jealous at first. But it grew into an admiration after we found Shiro. But now. That we are here in this war, and I've been fighting with and beside you... I think I've grown to like you... yeah... I like you."

Keith's face was on fire and he tilted his head down. "What do you mean by 'like me'?" He asked stupidly. He needed reassurance he's hearing the right thing. Hoping that he's hearing what he thinks.

Lance huffed as his face turned a deep shade of crimson, "W-Well... u-umm..." he stuttered, "I mean... I like you like.. well. Shit..." he couldn't get the words out. He opened his mouth again, but this time, no words came out. He wasn't able to word it out.

Lance ran a hand down his face, and thought, Actions speak louder then words right? There's a reason that saying exists.

Lance pondered this, and looked at Keith. His face was as red as his own, and the tips of Keith's ears were pink. Why is he blushing? Lance thought taking step after step closing the distance to Keith. He raised his hand and grabbed the red paladin's chin. Keith's eyes widened into saucers as he realized what Lance was doing.

Do I want this? Keith asked himself.

Lance leaned in towards Keith. Closing his eyes, and slightly opening his mouth. Keith's lip quivered in anxiety and excitement. He wanted to kiss Lance. But he wasn't sure he was ready for it.

When Lance touched Keith's nose with his own, he hesitated. Am I actually doing this? He thought. But those thoughts were quickly shattered when Keith took initiative and slowly leaned in to break the distance. Fluttering his eyes closed when their top lips touched.

Lance took his hand off of Keith's chin and put them on his waste when their lips finally locked. Keith wrapped his arms around Lance's neck, pulling him closer.

His lips are really soft... Keith thought, damning himself for not wearing chapstick.

Lance kissed Keith softly but firm. Hoping his feelings would be conveyed enough. This was bliss. Every kiss sent electrical shocks through his body. Making him feel alive. When Lance pulled away, he gently nibbles on Keith's bottom lip, making the boy uncharacteristically whimper.

"L-like that. I like you like that." Lance said. Resting his forehead on Keith's.

Keith smiled to himself, blushing strongly. "If that's the case. I like you too."

~1183 Words~

FINALLY. I hope I did the confession okay. But I love it so I think you'll love it too. Thank you so much for reading my fiction. I'll see you next chapter.