Doubt

This chapter is slightly inspired by the comic Spacesuits.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

It was a long day, even though it was only a few hours into it. The paladins had just gotten back from a rescue mission and they were all exhausted. Pidge, Allura, Coran, and Shiro decided to talk to the prisoners they had just saved. Hunk went to go make the prisoners food. Lance and Keith went to go change out of their armour.

Lance put his headphones in as soon as they got to the castle and was humming along to a P!NK song by the time he got to the locker room.

Keith was taking off his shoulder plates and glanced over to see who had walked in. When he saw that it was Lance he scoffed out of habit and continued to change. Lance took his chest plate off first and sighed a breath of relief. Keith stole a look at Lance and saw the skin tight suit showing off his back and shoulder muscles. Lance was thin, but his muscles made up for that. His shoulders tapered down to his perfect waist. And his shoulder muscles moved and flexed as he took off the rest of his armour off.

Someone else walked through the doors and Keith's attention was torn away from Lance. It was Shiro, and he looked as tired as everyone else. Keith took a deep breath and tried not to look at Lance as Shiro walked over to him.

"Hey Keith. How are you?" He asked, putting a hand on Keith's shoulder.

Keith naturally looked at Shiro's hand and had accidentally looked up at Lance in the process, who was now shirtless. Keith took a sharp breath in, tensing up, and hurriedly looked back to Shiro with his face ablaze.

"I'm doing okay! Just tired." He said a little to panicked, And kept on stupidly glancing at Lance. 

Shiro raised and eyebrow at Keith's strange behavior and looked back at what Keith kept glancing at all nervously. Shiro then saw the shirtless Lance and understood immediately, smirking at the situation.

Keith tried to keep his eyes glued on Shiro. On ANYTHING but Lance. He failed quite miserably. Shiro smirks at Keith's internally panicked state because it showed clearly in his eyes.

"You sure you're doing alright? You seem a little..." Shiro started and glanced at the blue paladin, "Distracted."

Keith's eyes widened in panic. Why does Shiro have to be so observant!? He shook his head vigorously, "I'm not distracted! What would I be distracted with?"

Shiro cocked an eyebrow, "Well it might be..." He started and Keith shook his head again, "Wait wait! Nevermind!" He almost yelled, not wanting the truth to be said out loud. Shiro shrugged, "You asked."

Lance turned around and took out an earbud, "What are you guys talking about?" He asked.

Shiro smirked and looked down at Keith, "Well..." he started, and Keith shot him a look with pleading eyes.

"The prisoners are all doing good. No one is seriously injured or ill. Unfortunately they do not know where Pidge's family is." Shiro said, saying what he came to tell them anyways.

"That sucks, but thank god this bunch is okay." Lance said nodding. "I'm going to go take a bath now. I need to relax."

Shiro nodded in agreement and watched after Lance until he was out of sight. "You should tell him." He said to Keith. Keith's face went ablaze as he looked at Shiro in horror.

"Tell him what exactly?!"

"I think you know that quite well."

Shiro looked at Keith expectantly making him let out a long sigh of defeat. "I doubt he'd feel the same way." Keith said, breaking eye contact, "I'll get over it... I don't have a chance..."

Shiro looked at the boy, smiling at his ridiculous works. Shiro knew something Keith didn't, but it wasn't his secret to tell. "I wouldn't think like that. Anyways, you relax. You deserve it. Good job out there. We would've been in a tight spot if it weren't for you."

Shiro walked out to leave Keith to his thoughts. The red paladin whispered his thanks and looked at his face's reflection in the glass.

"Why would someone like him, like someone like me?"