27. Hurt People Hurt People (Part II)

A/N: 355,000+ reads and less than 200 away from reaching 2,000 fans. I'm not alright. *hyperventilates*

+ + + +

~Louis' Point of View~

I thought that this was the worst it could get; that nothing more could possibly happen to us.

I also thought that we could somehow win this; that maybe, just maybe, the six of us would be powerful enough to take the four Council members on.

I thought wrong.

"Shit," I breathed, slouching in my seat as I rubbed both hands over my face and into my unkempt hair. With all this recent stress, whether or not my hair was styled -or even combed- was the least of my worries.

I was aware that the others were speaking, but whatever was said was lost to me. I was still trying to absorb the fact that The Council can't even seem to fight their own battles anymore. Have they gotten lazy? Or are they worried that we might actually beat them? Either way, I really want to punch all of them in the face. Or maybe bash their heads against the stupid stone walls that make up their stupid castle...

"Why don't we try finding some of our own?" Harry's voice broke through my seemingly growing more and more violent thoughts, and I wasn't sure if I was mad or grateful. What I was sure of, though, is that he was referring to the demons, werewolves, and other vampires, so I opened my mouth, about to explain to him why that wouldn't work, only to close it when Zayn began doing so instead.

"Yeah, that's not likely. We didn't even know they were still around till now," He said quietly yet angry. "And even if we had, there wouldn't be enough time to train them properly."

"Not even other vampires?" Harry questioned. "What about Jesy and Leigh-Anne?"

"I've already tried askin' them. They're too scared to go against The Council," Perrie responded.

"Figures," I mumbled sarcastically, squeezing my eyes shut and pinching the bridge of my nose with my fingers. I'm done. I am so fucking done with all of this.

"So you don't know any others?" That curly-haired twat really needs to shut his mouth, because none of his ideas have been helpful thus far.

"Actually," Liam, the contradictor of everything I say, think, and do, decided to speak up. "I think I might know some people who could help us."

"Really?" Perrie, Zayn, Harry, Niall, and I inquired in unison. The amount of surprise and shock in that one word was unreal. Ah, surprises. I've never liked them.

"Yeah," He said hesitantly, which is just great in this situation. Sarcasm. "I just hope that The Council hasn't gotten to them already."

Just.

Great.

The next hour or so was spent on more planning, school long forgotten, then when everything was taken care of Liam and Niall took off to go meet with these aforementioned people who are, of course, in an entirely different country and not just conveniently a few miles away. Such is life.

I found myself not really caring though because, like I said earlier, I'm done. I'm burnt out. I'm not sticking around to watch as we all fall one by one like fucking dominoes.

Harry cleared his throat awkwardly once he, Perrie, Zayn, and I had stepped back inside the house. "So... What do we do now?"

"The only thing we can," Zayn shrugged. "Wait." So helpful. Too bad I have no intention of doing so.

"Well," I began, clapping my hands together. "I'll just be up in my room then. Waiting."

"Alright, we'll be in ours then. Also waiting," Perrie informed while grabbing Zayn's hand. I was already heading for the stairs since I had much to do, but I stopped short for some reason with her next few words. "What about you Harry?"

Knowing him, he'll probably want to run off with his dumb-ass friends or something equally idiotic. But, I obviously don't know him, so of course he'd want to do the opposite.

"Liam thinks it'd be best if we stuck together, so if it's cool with you Lou, could I hang out with you?"

No. "Um, sure Harry. If you want," I reluctantly agreed. He flashed me one of his grins and, completely against my will, I gave him one of my own. I did not enjoy it at all. Nope.

"I'm gonna go grab a drink real quick. Want one?" He asked, looking straight at me.

"Uh," I didn't really know how to respond. I wasn't used to him being nice. Zayn should've used his powers on him months ago. "Nah, I'm good. I'll, uh, see you in a minute," I finally responded, gesturing towards the stairs that I really wanted to get to. He nodded his head in understanding before making his way to the kitchen, and I knew that my time was limited.

I hightailed it up to my room, mindful of the fact that Zayn and Perrie were close behind on the way to theirs, slamming the door shut and hastily making my way over to my desk. I slid one of my notebooks in front of me and grabbed a pen, eyes darting from the paper to the door and back after every word was sloppily written. Once I was finished I ripped it out and headed towards the bed, knowing that that's where Harry would go after grabbing some type of electronic device like he always used to. I briefly lifted the worn white paper to my lips, placing a feather-light kiss atop the words, before setting it down right in the middle of the king-sized bed.

Such simple words combined to make one simple sentence that can have the power to hurt. A part of me is hoping it does, because then maybe he'll understand what I've been feeling for the last few months; what's been gradually building up inside since the night I laid eyes on him. I'm hurting, and I sure as hell hope he does too.

My head snapped in the direction of the door when I heard the source of all my pain coming up the stairs. My time was up.

Without even sparing my room - my sanctuary- a second glance, I walked over to my window, opening it as silently as I could. Letting the sound of approaching footsteps melt away any doubts and fuel me, I jumped, landing effortlessly on the soft grass a few feet away from the house.

Then, I ran.

As the plane flew me somewhere I hoped would be far away - though something told me that nowhere would ever be far enough - one thing was stuck on repeat in my head.

I left.

I actually left.

I left the people that had been there for me at the best and worst of times; the people that had stood by my side even when I'd done the most dangerous, idiotic of things.

I left the one person that had made me feel something I thought had shriveled up and died along with my humanity all those years ago.

I left every single part of me behind.

Why?

Because I'm not brave.

I'm a coward.

+ + + +

A/N: Lou, you idiot.

One more chapter then it'll be time to start the 2nd book! Many thanks to the wise Anything1D. You're awesome man.

5sos is going to be in the next book, so be prepared.

And I posted the Lashton story. It's called That's Just How We Operate. I'll probably end up deleting it.

If I've scared any of you away or managed to dissuade you from wanting to talk to me, I apologize. I can't help that I run on bitterness, sarcasm, & chocolate.

lub you ♡