•SIXTEEN•

•••

•••

The sound of someone clearing their throats bought Edward and I out of our hug as he let go of me and wrapped an arm around Bella's waist. In front of me were two members of the Volturi guard.

"Miss Cullen, so nice of you to visit us again- it's been far too long." Demetri ,the tracker, remarked, making me growl. Felix who was basically the meaner and more evil equivalent to Emmett passed Edward a robe to which he wrapped around his body.

"Oh please, I know you can't stand me." I growled.

"You should watch who you accuse of what, Miss Cullen- it may get you into some serious trouble." Felix hissed back. Well at least the feeling was mutual, I guess.

"I won't be needing your services after all, gentlemen." Edward smiled awkwardly.

"Aro wants to speak with you again." Felix said, looking at Edward. "It wouldn't hurt if Bridie came along as well." I rolled my eyes.

"No rules were broken." Edward argued.

"We should take this conversation to a more appropriate venue." Demetri stated, looking at me.

"Fine. Bella, why don't you stay and enjoy the festival?" I suggested.

"The girl comes with us." Felix demanded.

"That's not going to happen-" Alice joined us at that moment, taking off her scarf and sunglasses.

"C'mon guys, its a festival," She smiled, removing her sunglasses. "You wouldn't wanna make a scene, now would you?"

Behind him, a figure emerged from the darkness, a girl who looked to be 12-13 with blonde hair wearing one of the guards dark overcoats and her face was hidden under the hood. Jane, the most prized guard member of the Volturi along with her twin brother Alec.

"Aro sent me to see what was taking so long." Jane said in an annoyed tone. Edward, Alice and I looked at each other before following the Volturi guards down the dark alley ways of Italy. We reached a point where Jane dropped down into a dark hole, the sewers. Alice followed and so did I.

"Don't worry- Bridie will catch you." I could see Bella fall down the sewer entrance and I easily caught her. Edward came down next followed by Demetri and Felix. We walked for a little while longer, past a receptionist who greeted us enthusiastically. Jane pulled open the doors that lead to an elevator and we all piled in- it was one awkward elevator ride. I was the first Cullen to exit the elevator with Jane leading the way through the lobby followed by my siblings, Bella and then Felix with Demetri.

We walked into the giant room that Aro, Caius and Marcus were in, their 'throne room'. I took off my hat and sunglasses, holding onto them both and looked over at Alec who looked sweetly at his sister.

"They ask you to bring back one and you bought three..." He trails off seeing Bella. "And a half." Alec added bitterly.

"What a happy surprise! Bella is alive after all. Isn't that wonderful?" Aro smiled, making me feel a little creeped out- like always. I looked around the room, Caius had a sour look on his face and Marcus just didn't care- like always. Edward stepped forward and I stood where he had before, Alice and I were now on either side of Bella. Aro Walked up to Edward and shook his hand but didn't let go.