•TEN•

•••

•••

I smiled, speeding down the stairs of our house to see my fellow vampires smiling as well.

"I'm gonna beat you this time Squirt!" Emmett yelled, walking up to me. I poked out my tongue and started to laugh.

"You've said that for the past ten years and it's never happened!" I exclaimed.

Carlisle, Esme and I ran to the field first to do a quick perimeter check to make sure no human was around. Alice, Jasper, Rosie and Emmett followed in two different cars until twenty minutes later, Edward showed up with Bella.

Today was a special day for us vampires, when the weather got bad in Forks or anywhere (as in lightening and thunder) we would always play baseball, but I got a strange feeling in the pit of my stomach that something was going to go wrong. As Bella walked up to us, I turned around and walked in the other direction. Esme said that Bella would be umpire. The thunder struck and Alice called out to us.

"It's time!" She exclaimed. On my team we're Carlisle, Rosalie and Jasper. On the opposing team was Esme, Emmett, Alice and Edward. As Carlisle stepped up to the mark, Alice threw the ball and Carlisle hit it just as the thunder struck. The ball flew through the trees and Edward ran after it.

"That's gotta be a home run!" Bella gasped. I rolled my eyes.

"Edwards really fast." I replied. Carlisle scored a home run and it was my turn. I stepped up to the plate and Alice threw the ball hard. I struck it with all my strength, dropped the bat and darted to each plate. Esme caught the ball just as I dove for the plate and Bella smiled and nodded.

"Home run." She started.

-

I was in the middle of running around the plates when Alice called out to us.

"Stop!" I looked over at Alice and started to slow down but I crashed into Emmett.

"Damn!" I hissed, glaring at Emmett.

"Watch where your going squirt!" Emmett smirked. I shoved him as we all gathered around Alice.

"Alice what's wrong?" Carlisle asked. I stood with Esme and Bella looking concerned.

"Nomads passing through, they heard us and changed their course." Alice replied panicked.

"We need to get Bella out of here or they'll kill her." I added and Carlisle nodded but before we could do anything, we all apart from Bella heard them walking towards us. Rolling my eyes, I turned to Bella and pulled out her hair as well as handing her my jacket and switching caps with her. "Hopefully that throws them off just a tad." I mumbled.

"Like that's gonna help, I could smell her from a mile away." Rosalie remarked.

"Thanks." Bella stuttered our while ignoring Rosie's comment and I could see Esme forcing a smile. The nomads walked up to us and a dark man with bright red eyes held out our baseball.

"I believe this is yours." He said and threw it to Carlisle who caught it with ease. I looked at the other two vampires- a young redheaded woman and a long blond headed man who was staring at me intensely.

"Thank you." Carlisle replied.

"I am Laurent and this is Victoria and James." 'Laurent' introduced.

"I'm Carlisle and this is my coven."

"We heard you as we were passing by, we lead the humans who were tracking us east," Victoria smirked. "You should be safe." I resisted an eyes roll as Carlisle thanked her.

"Though we do hold a permanent residence near by." He explained.

"Do you have room for three more?" Laurent asked.

"I'm afraid-" Carlisle started but I cut him off.

"Some of us were just leaving so they could fill in the spots?" I offered. Carlisle nodded and turned back to the small coven.

"I guess so." He threw the ball to Laurent but Victoria caught it.

"I'm the one with the wicked curveball."

"We'll see about that!" Emmett smirked. Edward and Bella turned to walk away back to the car but the wind blew which caused Bella's scent to waft over to James. He inhaled and his eyes turned black.

"You bought a snack!" He exclaimed. Edward pushed Bella behind him as we all stood protectively in front of her.

"I can see we are not welcomed here- let's go!" Laurent ordered. They left and Edward left with Bella back to her house. I ran straight home with Rosie and Esme so we could gather some things. I walked into my room to quickly get changed when I saw Villa sitting on my bed.

"I'm not even going to ask." I sighed, after I exited the bathroom from changing into a long sleeved black shirt and black skinny jeans. I threw on my blue converse and stuffed some things into a bag.

"Are you going somewhere?" Villanelle asked worriedly. I sighed and turned to her.

"Bella's scent was caught by a tracker and were gonna take her out of town for a bit." I replied.

"What tracker?" Villanelle asked.

"His name is James- he's in a coven with Victoria and Laurent, do you know them?" I asked. Villanelle shook her head.

"I'm coming with you, trackers are hard to shake off and you'll need all the help you can get." I reluctantly nodded but seeing Villanelle smile made me smile. We headed down into the garage to see Edward talking with Bella.

"There's eight of us and only two of them."

"Make that nine, Villa's coming with us to Phoenix." I said as we entered the garage. Everyone looked up and Villa gave a small shy wave.

"She's not going anywhere with you!" Rosalie hissed, pushing me behind her.

"We can talk about this later Rosalie, for now we have bigger things to worry about." I replied pushing past Rosalie to grab Villas hand and drag her over to the car.

"Bridie I need you to do something for me." Edward cornered us. I looked up at him and he told me what I needed to do. We needed to find a way to slow James down enough for Bella to get out of town. Nodding my head, Villa and I raced out of the house and through the woods.