•SIX•

•••

•••

Mostly talking for the rest of the night, I listened to what Villanelle had to say then it went quiet. The two of us sat up in a tall tree near the cliff that was close to the treaty line between us and the Quileute tribe. Villanelle kept looking back over at me as I stared down at the dark water that glistened in the moonlight. I could feel the wolves staring at us and I knew that the vampire next to me felt it too.

"Lydia please say something."

"When were you created?" I asked, looking at Villanelle who was inspecting her surroundings.

"603 AD, Norway. I was raped and on the brink of death by some Viking leader, a man in dark clothing changed me and to this day I have no idea who they were." She replied, staring off into the distance. Oh, how cliche of me to explain. "What about you? What was life like before I selfishly took it away?" Villanelle asked, looking at me. I shrugged.

"Not much to say really, my mother and father perished along with our family estate when I was very young. My older brother and I were taken to live with my uncle and aunt but they soon passed away as well. Then it was just Louis and I. He loved me to the moon and back and now he's gone." I looked down at the ground, swinging my feet that hung 40 feet above the ground.

"I'm sorry," Villanelle said after a few moments of silence. I shrugged.

"What's done is done Villanelle," I replied, jumping down and landing gracefully on my feet. Villanelle landed gracefully next to me and walked with me back to the house.

"Nell, please." She said. I nodded and she stopped less than a hundred feet away from the house. "This is where I leave you, you'll be seeing me soon though." She winked and ran off into the night. I rolled my eyes and ran back to the house where Edward greeted me with a glare at the front door.

"What do you want," I grumbled, shoving past him.

"What do I want? Who's the one who blew off hunting with me! I had to go by myself." He growled. I chuckled, walking into the living room where Carlisle sat with Esme and Rose sat with Emmett. He was getting so worked up because the human, Isabella Swan, was also starting to irritate him with the fact that he couldn't see in his mind. "I'm also starting to talk more with Bella and I need you to be descent to her," I glanced at him and rolled my eyes.

"This affects me how?" Edward groaned and covered his face, getting annoyed with me.

"I need you to be a decent person to her because she's my mate!" I nodded my head, half acknowledging what he was saying.

"Ha, good one! Nice use – or should I say no use of the word 'human'." I replied sitting down on the couch next to Rosie.

"Lydia this is serious! She's my mate and I need you to like–"

"Woah Woah Woah!" I shouted. "I don't have to like Bella, yes maybe I can try to tolerate her but I don't even know the human," I said as Edward grew angrier.