Chapter 10

**A/N.. ok, yes this chapter is sad, it was heart breaking to write and i'm sorry if I upset anyone or anything like that so yeah. I promise it will get better/happier, becasue writing sad chapters are horrific. So enjoy if you can and comment/vote/let me know what you think! thankssss!**

Chapter 10

John’s POV.

I sat on our couch, still holding her necklace tightly in her hand. The love-heart had now made a red imprint on my hand from squeezing it so hard.

“What have I done?” I whispered, realizing I’d lost her, she had gone, walked out on me just like that. I’m such a horrible bastard to her, I never deserved her, she is too perfect, too kind, too beautiful for me. I slowly began to sober up as I realized what a fool I’d been. I’d not only lost the best thing that ever happened to me, I’d lost the baby, and I’d probably lose my friends when they find out what happened too. I’d never see her gleaming white smile again, I’d never see her green eyes sparkle; I’d never get to hold our baby, I’d never get to kiss her lips again. I’d never get to tell her how much I loved her. I’d never get to ask her to marry me. I pulled out a small leather box from my pocket, flicking it open. A silver ring with a large shiny diamond glinted in the moonlight. I shut the box closed again, feeling my heart break from within me.

My thoughts were interrupted by a loud banging on the door. I leapt up, hoping it was Millie. I swung open the door and was shocked to see Paul, out of breath, his hands and some of his shirt covered in blood. “It’s Millie” he gasped. “She’s fallen”.  I followed him, running to the fire exit stair case in a panic. I glanced down the steps to discover Millie lying lifeless at the bottom covered in blood surrounded by paramedics. I ran down and fell onto my knees beside her. Her eyes were wide open but glazed over, she was unconscious. Her forehead was split open and seeping blood. She was covered in blood and bruises. I gasped as she was lifted onto a stretcher and brought outside into an ambulance.

I hopped into the ambulance with Paul. He held her hand the whole way there and stroked her hair fondly, whispering to her that everything was going to be ok. Even if he didn’t believe it himself, he wasn’t very convincing. It didn’t matter what he said to her anyway, she was out cold.

 “What happened?” I questioned him, my voice shaking. Paul explained everything that happened and I let out a cry and buried my face in my hands. “This is my fault” I thought. “She’s going to die and it’s all my fucking fault.” I didn’t feel mad at Paul for trying to kiss Millie; I didn’t even feel mad at Millie for trying to kiss him back. I felt nothing, that kind of nothingness when your stomach twists, it’s unbearably hard to breath and you feel completely hollow. Nothing hurts more than seeing someone you love, I mean really love, lie basically on her dead bed, being held in the arms of your best friend. And there’s fuck all you can do about it.

We arrived at the hospital and Millie was wheeled away in a bed, I ran after her but a doctor stopped me not letting past. “Please” I begged. “She’s my girlfriend, she’s pregnant, are they going to be okay? Please don’t let anything happen to her, she’s my life” I sobbed. Paul patted my shoulder and pulled me into a hug. When he released me, he took my arm and led me into an empty waiting room.

***********

We sat there for hours, waiting in silence. Paul rang George and Ringo and they soon came and joined us in the hospital. As it grew later into the night everyone else sooner or later dosed off but I forced myself to stay awake, afraid I’d miss out on any news. Suddenly a middle-aged nurse walked into the room and squatted down beside me.

“I have someone who wants to see you Mr. Lennon” I stood up and followed her quickly and quietly out of the room, not wanting to wake the others. She pointed towards a blue door, and then walked away, leaving me standing alone. I took a deep breath and opened the door slowly. A large bed was placed in the centre of clean white room; there was nothing else in here apart from a small locker and a lamp. I walked toward the bed, gasping in horror, realizing it was Millie. Her eyes were closed, her face bruised and swollen and a large red scar ran from the top of her forehead through her left eyebrow. She was wired up to machines, one monitoring her heart. I listened to the faint beeps of the machine, telling me her heart was beating. She was alive. I sighed in relieve.