Chapter 3

**A/N..This chapter is a bit longer, I think. It might get a bit boring along the way. But I'm so excited for the next chapter..ahhhhh :) It will be up very soon :) **

Chapter 3

As we left the diner, you could hear dim screams and cheers coming from further down the road. I starred wide eyed at the boys; they were messing about and not paying attention to the screams.

“Can you not hear that?” I questioned them shocked.

“The screams? You get used to them eventually.” George reassured me.

But that wasn’t the problem. I hadn’t realized they were so popular. I got excited as we neared the pub, the screams getting louder as we approached.

An older man in a suit walked towards us and greeted the boys. He looked at me and quickly snapped his fingers, I wondered why? Until suddenly a tall muscular guy came from nowhere and lifted me clean off the ground carrying me away from the group. I tried to struggle but it was no use, he was to strong. He was their bodyguard. They had a bodyguard!? This was getting more shocking by the minute.

“Oi put her down! She’s with us” ordered John protectively.

I landed with a thump on the ground; Paul rushed over to me holding out his hand smiling. I took it and pulled myself up, dusting myself off.

“Oops, sorry” cried the older man in the suit. “Thought you were a crazed stalker fan”

“No, she’s, err, um a friend of mine” replied John, smiling. “Millie” he said turning to me. “Meet Brian Epstein, our manager” I shook his hand. He said nothing else and turned rather rudely away from me before Brian started telling the boys, to run in the side door to the pub when they got there before the fans spotted them.

We were just outside the Dog n’ Duck pub, the whole street was packed and blocked off. At least 200 people, mostly girls, screamed and cheered waiting for the doors to be opened and let inside to see this new band play. John turned to me and shouted over the noise of the crowd… “Are you a quick runner?” I shook my head nervously. The crowd of fans began to spot us. John laughed and took my hand before sprinting off in the direction of the side door, pulling me behind him. As soon as we ran through the side door into the pub, a metal door was swung shut and locked tightly, blocking any fans out.

The small room we stood in was jam packed with people. Everyone was rushing past. There was people grabbing at the boys, handing them their instruments and fixing their clothes and hair. I felt tiny among the crowd. John still hadn’t let go of my hand, he lead me out of the small room and into the front pub which was beginning to fill up with adoring fans. He quickly led me to a table near the front and brought me a drink.

“You’ll have a good view from here” he said. “Are you okay here? Do you want to move? Or wait backstage?” He questioned me.

“No, I’m fine here honestly…thank you John” I smiled fondly at him. He blushed and looked at the floor. “Go!” I shoved him gently toward the direction we came from. “Go get ready” I laughed.

The pub was almost full now and looking around the room I felt terribly underdressed. I was wearing plain jeans and pale pink converse and a shirt to match, covered by a light jacket. My hair was totally windswept from running through the crowds. I forgot about it and continued looking around the room waiting for the boys to start. A large sign at the back of the stage read the band’s name.

                THE BEATLES!

“Great name” I thought as I sipped my drink. The pub was completely packed now and suddenly a booming voice came over the speakers…”LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, PLEASE PUT YOUR HANDS TOGETHER FOR THE BEATLES!”