Chapter 15: Ready or Not

Leo had kept his promise he made to his wolf. Day in, day out he would stay near his mate's house and would stay until the sun came up or she woke up, whichever came first.

Leo's wolf was restless, though. He would call out for his mate at random times, demanding her attention and getting angry when she wasn't there to satisfy his needs. Yes, Leo's wolf was selfish but it had been weeks. Weeks of pure torture for both the host and the wolf.

Leo and his wolf needed their mate.

'She isn't ready.' Leo kept telling his wolf.

'She's ready enough.' he countered back.

She really wasn't. Nikki had no idea who Leo was and what he was capable of. He knew she felt some attraction towards him, some being an understatement what with all her vivid dreams these past few weeks. He could hear her calling out for him at night, begging for him. But that didn't mean she was fully ready for all of him, what he was.

Leo knew the only reason his wolf was pushing this whole mating thing was because of the boy. He saw him as a threat to Nikki. Promising to claim her and then acting normal around her at school.

He had seen the way the two acted. Trey made him fully aware that they were a couple and he could see Nikki was trying her best to keep up the silly charade. She was either too caring to let Trey go, or she really didn't want to admit her feelings for Leo, her teacher. Perhaps a mixture of both.

But Leo refused to let her be with another.

He would change that tonight.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nikki

I sat up in bed, holding my head with my hands and hunching over. Sleep just wouldn't come to me. I've been like this for awhile; restless. It wasn't a great feeling, I'll tell you that.

The feeling of tossing and turning every night, waking up at odd hours drenched in sweat and sounding like you're trying to catch your breath is starting to get annoying.

These past few weeks have been hell for me.

My grades are slipping in school, my crew is falling apart, my boyfriend is being clingy and Leo--

Damn it, Leo is too sexy for his own good.

I need some form of release but nothing helps. Dancing doesn't, Trey doesn't, working out or showering doesn't.

What am I supposed to do?

A sharp scratching catches my attention away from my thoughts.

Screw that.

I huddle up under my soggy blankets and bring them up to cover half of my face.

The scratching sound comes again and my door is forced open. I yelp in surprise and cover my whole body with a blanket.

No, it probably won't help me from a serial killer, but at least I'll die knowing this blanket tried.

The pitter patter of footsteps coming towards my bed had me shaking in fear.

Adrenaline surged through me as the footsteps came closer and I suddenly felt like I could beat up a professional MMA fighter.

I threw my blankets off and jumped off the other side of my bed, opposite the footsteps, and landed on the floor. Looking up, I couldn't see the body so I assumed it was either an animal or a really short person coming to kill me.

I gasped as something grabbed my leg and pulled me to the foot of my bed while I was on the floor. When I looked up I was met with beady, black eyes and black fur.

The wolf looked oddly familiar to me. I know I've seen it before, but where?

The wolf growled at me, nudging me to get up so I sat up in a sitting position. It leaned in close to me and inhaled. I probably smelled really freaking gross because I'm still sweating profusely and my clothes are sticking to me.

It leaned in more and did something I thought it never would have done.

It licked my cheek.

This wolf, that was trying to kill me, just licked my cheek!

I frowned at it in confusion before it made eye contact with my shoulder.

"What are you-STOP!" I yelled as it bit deeply into my shoulder. "Ow, stop it!" I tried hitting it, but the wolf growled at me, like it was my fault!

"Get off!" I kept thrashing about, trying to knock it off of me, and getting nowhere. I felt a warm substance seep through my shirt and I could only think to myself, 'blood, that's my blood. Why is this happening to me?'

'We are sorry.' A thought came to me.

What?

My vision kept going fuzzy as the wolf kept me up. It finally let me lay back down on the ground, teeth still inside my shoulder. A tingly feeling spread throughout my body as the wolf growled into my open flesh.

"Why?" I whispered out.

'Because you belong to us.'

I lost consciousness.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm starting to hit writer's block...

Anyways I'm sorry for not updating, but dance camp and practices have been kicking my butt!

I try, though.

Umm if you could, please take some time to vote and or comment because that gets me all excited and happy to make another update.

This one is short because I'm tired and everything, but it's something! It's really weird and cheesy so I'll probably go back and fix it, but for now, I'm sorry.

Love you all!

Goodnight!