Chapter 3: Keeping everyone happy

Nikki P.O.V.

Son of a bitch! Now, I'm late to 2nd period thanks to that stupid smart ass...well, he was hot, I'll give him that. No, stop that, Nikki! You can't sit here and think of your god-like Spanish teacher in that way while you have a boyfriend! So, stop it!

But I couldn't stop. Everything about him might have pissed me off, but there was something about him. I don't know, it just didn't seem right to NOT think about him.

2nd period ended with me waking up from my mini-fantasy about Mr. S with a stir.

Dammit! I thought about him again!

"Hey, babe." Trey came running up to me with a goofy smile on his face.

"What's with the face?" I grumbled, eyes planted to the floor.

"What's with the attitude?" he countered playfully.

I rolled my eyes and continued to walk to my 3rd period. A.K.A. theater with the best teacher in the history of teachers! Ms. Ramona was one of those laid-back hippies who wanted kids to "express" themselves with ANY type of talent the student can offer. She believed that I had some troubles at home coming to school with new bruises, whereas other teachers, didn't care. I mean, it's not like I wanted them to care, I just wanted someone who understood. Ms. Ramona was like the mother I never had. After all, mine ranaway. She thought my talents were singing, dancing, and acting since I could lie through my teeth to everyone but her.

"My so-called 'hot spanish teacher' is a jerk. He gave me detention and made me late to 2nd period. Thus, earning me, wait for it, ANOTHER DETENTION TOMORROW!" I yelled, earning a few glances at the leftover kids in the hall. I glared back at them and they turned their attention elsewhere causing me to roll my eyes.

Trey chuckled. "Something funny?" I sneered.

"No, you're just cute when you're pissed is all." he said, putting his hands up in surrender.

"Then I must be pretty damn sexy!" I yelled, exasperated as I walked into the classroom.

Ms. Ramona tried to keep a straight face as she saw me walk in but she couldn't contain herself and burst out laughing as the whole class did.

"I'll see you later, honey." Trey whispered and kissed my cheek.

"Yeah, yeah." I said as I made my way to the part of the stage that belonged to my mini-group.

"So, guys, we really need to make up a new routine for the contest. If we don't, we have no show." Amber, head of our little group said.

Oh yeah, did I forget to mention I'm part of a dance crew? Well, as I said, Ms. Ramona told me that I had great potential in dancing and I took on the challenge of learning how to do complicated types of dancing. I even found myself a little crew. But one of our members were severly injured and can't make it to the dance olympics coming within a few months, causing chaos amongst us who just got used to the recently-changed routine. This routine has been changed twice already and we can't afford another change.

"We don't have time to change it, Amby." Chandler said. Chandler was the quiet girl in the group. She lost both of her parents in an apartment fire last year and I kind of took her under my wing to help her out. Little did I know, she knew how to house step; not the new, silly moves, but the classical old step we used to do.

"Oh? And what do YOU think we should do?!" Amber yelled at Chandler. Chandler cringed away from Amber, obviously not trying to create "problems". Amber was the loud, ruthless leader of the group and whatever she said to do, had to be done A.S.A.P. Rarely anyone ever questioned her. But this is just asking us too much.

"Amber, she's right. How on Earth are we supposed to fit a whole new dance routine into our old ones within a few months? We've practiced like crazy and we just can't change it." I spoke up, starting to stretch to get ready for a few moves we were supposed to show the class today. Yes, Ms. Ramona loved our crew. She wasn't all for the illegal "pranks", but she was all for us showing the class a different form of talent each month as long as we didn't tell anyone what we were really doing outside of school.

"Well I guess we have to practice harder. Starting everyday after school, we will all meet in our regular place and practice from 4pm-7pm. That means no calling in sick," she looked at Chandler as Chandler looked down. "no skipping out," she looked at another member, Scott, the bad boy. "and absolutely no leaving during practice because 'Daddy' says so." she sneered at me. Alright, that hit a nerve.

"Hey, are we all ready to go?" Ms. Ramona asked, realizing our little argument might have turned into a big brawl. Well, it might have. But I wouldn't be the one to start it.

We all nodded and started our little lesson on how to pull out good flips and how to not break your neck when spinning on your head.

*7th period, A.k.a. last period of the day.*

Chandler pulled me aside as we started our Social Studies project on World War II.

"Hey, thanks for helping me out in theater today, Nikki. I really appreciate it." she said shyly.

I smiled warmly at her. "No problem."

"Was your dad mad at you? I mean, when you left practice last time...." she trailed off.

I nodded. Chandler and Chrissy were the only ones who knew of my little problem with father dearest. "He was just mad when I wasn't around to help him when he was drunk." I shuddered remembering when I had to "help" him when he was drunk the first time.

She nodded, signaling she understood. "Are you going to practice today?" she asked.

I shrugged. "After this, I have stupid detention. So if I get the chance, maybe. But after practice, I'll have to rush home before he wakes up to clean the house and I don't know if I'll make it in time. I mean, what's missing one practice?"

Just then the bell rung.

Great, Detention.....

I rolled my eyes in annoyance and stood up, gathering my stuff, waiting for Chandler.

"So, I'll see you later." she said, smiling slightly.

"Yeah." I said, parting ways with her when we came to an intersection in the hallway.

I made my way to the Spanish classroom and knocked on the door, dreading his face, but wanting to see it at the same time.

"Come in." a seductive voice said.

I shuddered. Shit, this is going to be one long detention.

BTW, that's Nikki and Chandler dancing ---------------------> :D