Chapter 5: Change could be a Good Thing

I looked up to see not one, not two, but three wolves snarling at me and my dad. The one in the front was black with bright yellow eyes and he seemed to be in the lead because he was the biggest and the others stayed behind him. The wolf to the right of him was a mix of gray and white with blue eyes, her small figure gave me the assumption that she was a female. The wolf to his left was a dark brown with beady black eyes and his eyes always wandered back to the female next to him. But I was mainly focused on the wolf in the front. There was a part of me that told me not to be scared of him while the other part screamed at me to just get away and run like hell out of there; but no matter which part I wanted to listen to, I was frozen to the spot.

I looked back to my dad to see he was shaking; not shaking in anger, but in FEAR. I had never seen my dad this scared. The wolves' growls seemed to get louder and I looked back at them. The one in front had taken a step towards me and suddenly he was standing over me. I got a look at his face again and he was staring at my dad, as if daring him to come up to us. My dads' eyes widened before he fell to ground, fear taking over him as he fainted. The head wolf above me seemed to chuckle at this sight before his gaze seemed to find me underneath him and his gaze softened. The wolf stepped back so he was in front of me and he lowered himself down, eye-level with me.

I soon realized that these were wolves in my house and they just made my dad faint. I whimpered when the wolf started sniffing me, slightly pushing me back while doing so.

"Please don't hurt me." I whispered out.

The wolves eyes widened and his expression now looked pained. He walked around me and picked me up by the back of my shirt and started walking out of the house, towards the woods that surrounded our house. He growled at the wolves that were still in my house and they followed after us, always keeping a distance behind us. The group kept trotting around the forest until they found a cave-like house. What is this doing here?

The wolves walked up to the house and kicked open a door so the lead-wolf could go first. I was shocked by what I saw. There were walls and lights hanging around the cave; it almost seemed like a house if it weren't for the cave walls surrounding the interior of the house. The wolf that held me gently set me down, as if to not hurt me, and he lowered his head to the ground, whimpering slightly. The other two wolves looked at each other, nodded, and left; leaving me and the lead-wolf by ourselves.

"Why did you save me?" I asked, petting the wolves' fur. The wolf purred in delight. "You should have just left me there. I'm used to that type of thing." The wolf growled in protest. A middle-aged woman came running into the room.

"Oh dear, are you okay?! I would have been in here sooner, but I had others to attend to." The wolf growled at her. "Don't you dare growl at me, mister. You will show me some respect!" she huffed, checking my wounds. "How do you feel deary?" she asked tenderly.

"Like I was beat-up by my dad." I muttered. Her eyes widened in shock.

She shook her head, trying to clear her head I assumed. "Bring her to your room, honey, I'll be there to check her later."

"Room? You give animals rooms?" I asked, shocked. Was she an animal hoarder? Should I run before she wants me to help her get more animals?

She chuckled. "Of course not. Just my family." Yep, definitely an animal hoarder or a person who just escaped an insane asylum. I looked at her like she was crazy. "Don't worry, we're all family here. You'll understand soon enough."

"What's that supposed to mean?" I asked, while she tried helping me up. When she did, the wolf helped me keep balance. The wolf growled at her in warning.

"All in good time, sweety." she smiled at me brightly and walked away. Alright, so I know who I'm staying away from until I get out of here. I looked at the wolf, confusion written all over my face.

'Sleep.' I heard a voice say to me. Well that's ridiculous, why would I---I didn't get to finish my thoughts as I fell, exhaustion taking over me. But I could faintly remember being caught by strong, arms that almost seemed familiar. I say they seemed familiar because of this weird, electric feeling running through me. It was like before in detention when Mr S. had touched me.

"I'll take care of you." a faraway voice said.

That was all I remembered before I was back in dream land; dreaming of yellow eyes and lightning.

House/Cave to the side!!! ------------------------>