Chapter 11: The Reason Being

LEO

I had no time to react as I was thrown back, not far, but enough to surprise me. I looked up to see a boy, perhaps Nikki's age approach me cautiously. He looked at Nikki and back at me with a scowl.

"That's mine." he pointed at my unconscious mate.

'Kill boy.' my wolf growled.

Normally, I wouldn't even acknowledge this boy's existence and just keep moving. But with my mate being injured and at an innocent state, I completely agree with my wolf.

A feral growl ripped through me. "I don't think so, boy." I said distastefully.

His eyes widened for a split second before he masked it and kept trying to walk towards me. 

As if.

I kicked him in the stomach. Hard. 

The boy didn't even know what hit him before I escaped out of there. Yes, I should have killed him. But I have other matters to attend to.

Looking down at my mate, I realized I couldn't take her home. No, definitely not to her father. Not so he can beat her again. 

I could take her to her friends, but then again, that would cause more questions to pop up.

That pack house would do if I actually trusted males around her, so that's a no.

I settled with my apartment outside of town. She wouldn't be able to leave even if she wanted to, I liked that fact. She wouldn't be surrounded by males, I loved that fact. And she would be safe. I'm definitely taking her to my apartment.

I ran fast and hard through the forest, trying to get to my street without being seen by a few stragglers outside. 

A few minutes later, Nikki moaned in her sleep, causing my head to snap in her direction.

What I saw nearly made me die.

Her eyes were shut tight. Her lips were parted, making them pucker out more and soft, little mews were passing through them.

The place where her neck meets her shoulder looked to be glowing, tempting me. The place where she was to be marked by her mate. Me.

God, help me.

It's incredibly short, but I have places to be >.> VOMMENT!

vote and comment