Chapter 4: Late as Always...

I hesitated, bit my lip, opened the door and walked in. There he was, standing next to the window, casually peaking out of the blinds and staring at nothing in particular, looking gorgeous. No, stop it! You have a boyfriend that loves you more than anything! "Umm, sir?" I whispered. I could see a hint of a smirk before he turned around.

"You can just have a seat." he said, walking straight to his desk and sitting on top of it, not even bothering to sit in his chair like a normal person. Alrighty then.

I went over to a random seat in the back and sat down, taking a book out and reading silently. That is, until I heard a throat clearing. I rolled my eyes and looked up, but once again, I was faced those beautiful brown orbs staring straight at me.

"What are you reading?" he asked huskily, not really seeming interested in the book.

"A book." I said sarcastically.

"Well I know that, but what book?" he rolled his eyes; half amused, half annoyed.

"A book that I'm wanting to finish before I go home because I won't be able to read it at all but some idiots keep stopping me from reaching that certain goal." I chuckled slightly, remembering this morning with Chrissy. Just then, my phone buzzed in my pocket. I grabbed my cell phone and checked the caller ID; Chandler.

Where r u? Amby is gettin irritated that ur not here 2 dance. Plz hurry!!!

My eyes widened and I stood up in shock. I was late. I couldn't be, I'd only been here--oh shit! Longer than I thought! I checked the clock and saw I'd been in this classroom for 2 hours and I was already and hour late for dance. But as I stood up, I brushed against Mr. Stephenson. Suddenly, everything slowed down and that electric current from earlier today had intensified and now felt like lightning was passing through us.

"Sorry, but I have to go." I mumbled, trying to go around him. Before I could make a quick side step, he grabbed my wrist and pulled me into him. I looked up at him and instantly forgot why I was trying to leave. His eyes were, somehow, a deeper brown than before and he was shaking a little. "Mr. Stephenson?" I whispered.

"Leo." he growled. Wait, growled? I stared at him confused. "My name is Leo." I looked at the position we were in. I was up against a desk and his right leg was in between my legs while his hand still held my wrist and the other gripped onto my waist. I blushed a deep crimson and wriggled out of his grip, which seemed much more difficult that it sounds, and stood in the front of the classroom.

"Well, Leo, I have to go." I said, trying to keep my breathing in check. I made another move for the door when I felt something pin me to the door. I gulped, already knowing who it was by the lightning flowing through us. Did he feel this? My back was pressed against his chest and I could feel his warm breath on my ear. I felt my cheeks warm up once again and kept my face forward.

"Don't look back, if you look back, you won't stop yourself." Something whispered in my head. Stop myself from what?

"Nikki." he breathed against my neck. I felt a warm liquid pool at my entrance. Oh god, what the hell is this feeling?! What is he doing to me?!

"Leo." I said, still facing the wood door. I saw the door handle in my peripheral vision and wanted to so badly pull it, but at the same time, I wanted to stay here with him. My fingers clawed into the door and before I knew it, were gradually slipping down to the door handle. He didn't seem to notice and I gently pulled on the knob, opening the door, making us fall to the ground in the process. I quickly jumped up and ran out of the school like the devil himself was running after me. What the hell was that?! My phone buzzed again and I looked down at it.

Dance practice ova. Amby is peed off and ur gunna b late 2 ur dads if u don't hurry now. Best of luck :/  -Chandler

Oh no! I don't care that I missed dance, no, but when I'm gonna be late to my dad's house, all hell breaks loose! I sprinted out of the parking lot and down the many streets, trying to get out of the neighborhoods surrounding the school and trying, oh so desperately, to get to the lower-class part of the small town.

Within 20 minutes, I made it home. I checked my phone for the time and was horrorstruck by what I saw. I was an hour and a half late. I fell to my knees, tears stinging my eyes; trying to break free, but I couldn't let them. Not before the beatings started. Slowly, ever so slowly, I got up and pushed the already slightly ajar door.  

"Dad?" I whispered into the darkness.

"YOU BITCH!" I heard and felt a slap to my face as he said it. I landed on the ground with and 'oomf!' "WHERE WERE YOU?! DO YOU KNOW HOW HUNGRY I WAS?! I KNOW WHAT YOU WERE THINKING! YOU WERE GOING TO RUN AGAIN, WEREN'T YOU?! WEREN'T YOU?!" he shouted, knocking me back down when I tried to get up. I stayed down.

"N-no! I promise, I wasn't! Please, I had detention and--" another slap came to my face.

"So you got detention? I think that deserves a punishment." he grinned wickedly.

I shook my head violently. "No! Please don't---"

"SHUT UP, BITCH!" he kicked me in my ribs and I whimpered, trying not to let the tears stream down. He picked up one of my feet and started dragging me through the house, trying to drag me over the broken pieces of glass he had used on me before. Please God, don't let this happen to me. I prayed. No, my father never raped me, but he scared me enough with slight molestation whenever I was 'bad' enough to let me think he would so something. This time, I let the tears run freely, for I knew I was in for a hell of a beating. 

When all of a sudden, I heard several growls from behind me.

Nikki's father to the side!! -------------------------->