Friends aside, Izzy couldn't remember the last time she had had that with someone.

        "You want a drink? I know where Benji keeps the best booze", Maze quipped over her shoulder, taking the lead with the echo of her words and high heels in the eerily empty place, whereas Izzy lingered behind, eyes curiously wandering around the club. She had seen it like this only a few times, yet the sight of deserted couches and the lack of music never ceased to be something of unsettling. But right now, she liked the peace, a small smile on her lips as she approached the bar and leaned on her forearms while Maze flipped a bottle on the other side of the counter.

        "Tempting, but no thanks. I think ever since I met you and Lucifer I've been drinking way more than I should, so, I'm trying to do something about that", the redhead laughed shortly, bottom lip sucked between her teeth as she rocked on her feet and looked around the dark club, adorned with string lights and the iconic LUX sign blinking brightly on one of the walls.

         Shrugging, Maze poured herself a glass, taking advantage of her inability to actually get drunk. Or die of the consequences. "Suit yourself. I'm gonna need one", she chuckled nervously, and at the wary edge that rarely bled into her words, Izzy turned back to Mazikeen with a quirked eyebrow and worry creasing on her forehead.

        "Guess it's my turn to ask — are you okay?", the deputy frowned, the expression only deepening when Maze gulped the whole drink down in one attempt, simply to fill the glass right to the brim once more. That answered her question, so without waiting for an answer, Izzy slowly slumped onto one of the bar stools to confirm that she was listening, ready to pour out all of the support and affection one could only hold within.

        "Well, I said I wanted to show you something. And that's... still true, I just don't really know how to go about it. Usually, I don't have this... this weird feeling in my stomach, it's like...", Mazikeen tried to explain, gesturing at herself as she grimaced, and with a soft smile, Izzy nodded — she knew that specific feeling very well.

         Izzy swept her tongue across her bottom lip before gently grabbing both of Maze's hands and holding them gingerly in her own, thumbs caressing the smooth skin reassuringly. "Yeah, it's a familiar feeling. Like you want to throw up, and even though you're not in actual pain, everything still kind of hurts? And you just kind of feel like curling into a blanket burrito and sleeping it all away", Izzy sighed, a wave of sympathy washing over her face when Maze nodded rapidly, confirming that Isadora had hit the bullseye with her description. "Unfortunately, in my experience, the only way to make it go away is facing whatever is making you feel that way. First day of school, accidentally breaking your mom's favorite mug, a secret you're holding back from a friend", she continued, eyes meeting Maze's at her final words. And for a second, Mazikeen seemed to fall into a state of increasing panic, so quickly, Izzy was adding, "I won't judge, though, whatever it is. You can tell me anything", her voice calming and careful.

        Silence landed between them, and the unsure look in Maze's eyes was beginning to worry Izzy, but always the hopeful romantic, she reminded herself that if she was about to get a love confession, then it was understandable. Mazikeen was hardly the most open, touchy-feely person out there, and whatever she was on the verge of doing, had to be important and meaningful, so Izzy remained patient, the soft hold on Maze's hands never faltering. "Hey, who knows, maybe I can relate?", she attempted to calm her down, but darkly chuckling, Mazikeen pulled away and took a deep breath.

        "Doubt it, but okay. Thanks. I, uh, I appreciate it", her words were ominous to the fullest, but Izzy tried to keep her breathing even. For her heartbeat, she couldn't do the same — maybe she appeared calm on the outside, but in reality, the empty club was starting to feel more and more crowded by the second, her insides going haywire and mind coursing at impossible speed through all the possibilities. "Okay, so, Linda told me what it's like to be awesome. Obviously, I am awesome, but she said I can't rely on others to validate me, y'know?", Maze started eventually, the endless seconds of quietness passing as she cautiously met Izzy's bewildered gaze.