Chapter 6- War of Hormone

All eyes turned to me, even Hoseok had awoken seemingly just for this dare.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Stated Jungkook to no one in particular, glancing from his hyungs to me and back again.

"Scared, are you?" Teased Tae, earning him a slap on the top of his head from the younger.

Jungkook's face hardened as his lips formed a straight line. The atmosphere in the room had suddenly changed as all the boys continued to pierce my skin with their dagger-like eyes. Some were more pointed and pricked and probed at my defenses; others were more rounded and softly caressed my walls.

"Do you want to do this Y/N?" Namjoon asked, jerking me out of my trance.

It was hard to place his tone. Perhaps it was the alcohol, but his words seemed to be saying one thing whilst his expression said another.

He stood up from his place on the sofa, and paced over to me, one hand carelessly hooked in his jeans pocket. Blond hair askew from the nights affairs, he stopped in front of me, eyes reflecting the various lights dotted around. His frame was slouched yet still he stood tall above me. As I looked up to meet his star flecked gaze, his hand gently cupped my cheek and his thumb stroked my pale skin. Frozen in place by the sudden change in demeanor, I simply stared at him, taking in his contemplative appearance. "What should I do with you..." He muttered to himself, only just loud enough for me to hear, as he began to lean down. That was until Hoseok' s barking laughter and applaud filled the room.

"I didn't know you had it in you Joonie" he exclaimed before falling onto the floor in fits of giggles.

I took a shaky step backwards, almost tripping over my own feet as Namjoon simply smiled and moved back to his original seat, as though nothing had happened.

"That was sly Joonie" teased Jin. "But now it's my turn"

He turned to face me and clasped both of my hands in his own. In embarrassment, I looked down as he brought one of my hands up to his lips. Tentatively, he placed a soft kiss on the back of my hand. His lips lingered much longer than they had done at the concert and, when he moved backwards it felt as though he had unwillingly forced himself disconnect from me. My own surprise at this outburst of emotion forced my gaze upwards to meet his own.

His hair had begun to curl around the end in this humidity, making the parting of his shining black  strands more prominent. A slight tinge of pink coloured his own cheeks, a perfect pair to my own. His chestnut eyes were soft as I saw my own reflection in them- nothing but a scared girl in the presence of a god. Yet, there was a blissful peace displayed on his own face, as though he was floating along a slow-moving river without a care in the world.

His perfect lips curled up in a genuine smile and, with his eyes crinkling at the corners, he stated "What's a beautiful girl like you looking down for?"