•7• Insecurities Pt. 5 ~ Kyrie

3rd Person's P.o.V

Kyrie lied awake in bed, no matter how much she tries to fall asleep the thoughts of doubt keep her up at night.

Many of you may not know but she is a closeted lesbian, this weighs heavily on her conscious as her family before Y/N found her forced her out.
She hates her family's name, she thus has disowned the name Taurus in favour of the name Opal.

The name that made her feel apart of a real family.
She holds her head in her hands as she thinks about who and what she truly is.
She was once a happy Bull Faunus, but now she saw the real world and found out many people aren't accepting of faunus. Homosexuality is also still seen as a social taboo to many... So what about her?
She's apart of two groups that are social stigmas. She sits there looking to the fragmented moon as she wasn't only faunus but also a lesbian.

She is scared.
When she revealed her sexuality before at the age of 14 to her family she was shunned.
She joined the white fang for liberty but also there she was outcast by the others.
Except for two

Ilia Amitola and Sage Shinku.
Them two respected her for who she was and they were her best friends and over time she began to develop feelings for Sage, who she affectionately called Scarlet, but she was too scared to tell her.
She didn't know how she would react, she didn't even know if she was lesbian or not.
Ilia always tried to encourage her to confess but she never did.
Adam noticed this and it made him angry. He couldn't cope with the fact that she has desecrated the Taurus name with her sexuality.
In his frustration and moral blindness he took her into his lab for experimentation to force her to become his emotionless weapon.

This excruciating torture and experimentation lasted 2 years.
But she kept on fighting for Sage.
Whenever she was close to giving up she saw her again, her flowing red hair, her shimmering eyes and her beautiful uplifting smile.

The experiments had an effect on her appearance and semblance.
She found she could shoot acid out of her skin.
Her skin became pink and her horns became yellow.
Her hair went from a scarlet red to pink and her eyes became black with yellow pupils.

(Before experimentation)