15

spoilers for the movie love, Simon is in this chapter

Teagans pov

"...So I just don't want something like that to happen again. I'm sure you think its stupid or something but that's what I've been thinking." I sighed, I had just finished explaining everything to him. I had told him I felt like the whole friends with benefits thing felt more like something I could always step away from. Relationships came with obligations and well, we've been over this.

Calum had his eyes on my face the entire time, he was a very intent listener. I appreciated that. His eyebrows were furrowed like he was thinking hard, and his hand rests on his chin. I looked down at my crossed legs, not sure if what he was going to say was good or bad.

"It's not stupid, I understand. I agree that it wouldn't be good for you to completely depend on the person you're in a relationship with. We could always take a step back if we needed to. It's a little different, we only have a few months and you were with him for three years. Whatever you decide in the end is okay with me, I'd just like to spend most of this summer with you." He was holding my hand in his, gently rubbing circles with his thumbs.

I nodded, I felt stuck. I really liked Calum, I wanted to spend the whole summer with him too. I wanted to know everything about him. I wanted the sex to mean more than just sex. My fears always won though.

"I just don't know." I put my head in my hands, shaking in frustration.

"It's okay, T. No pressure or anything. We can still hang out, do whatever you want. I'll be here regardless." Calum's voice was sweet and made me feel warm.

I looked up at him and was met with his lips on my cheek, just for a quick moment.

"Maybe we should go find a movie to watch. Have you seen Love, Simon?" I asked, grinning at him.

"No, but I want to. Let's watch it." His smile matched mine as he got up and pulled me off the bed with him.

We got downstairs and I went back to the kitchen to get us some more coffee while he searched for it on the app store. I heard Cal yell from the living room.

"Teagan, should we buy it or rent it?"

I poured some creamer into my mug and started stirring. "I don't see why you would need to buy it, just rent it for now."

I shook my head, how would he not know this? I picked up both mugs and walked back into the living room. Calum was sitting there looking at the 'Verify Apple ID' screen like it was an IQ test.

"Luke!! We're renting a movie, what is the iTunes password?" Calum yells, without warning, very loudly, in my ear. I scoot away from him and send him a glare. Soon we heard footsteps coming down the stairs. Luke was dressed now, in a pair of sweatpants and a black muscle tank.

"Why don't you ever check the box so you don't have to type it in every time?" Luke says, rolling his eyes. He took a seat next to Calum and grabbed the remote from him.

"Probably because its easier to make you do it," Cal muttered, and I giggled.

"Don't encourage him, Teagan. What movie are we watching?" Luke rolled his eyes at me.

"I don't remember inviting you to watch with us, Luke," Calum says, a smirk on his face.

"Shut up, Cal. If he entered the password he should get to watch it with us." I hit Calums arm and his jaw dropped.

"How dare you, you almost made me spill my coffee!" He gasped, holding his mug up to his chest like it was his most prized possession.

"You two are idiots," Luke muttered, pressing play on the movie. "Subtitles or no subtitles?"