12

Teagans pov

My lips parted at the words that just left his lips.

It didn't help my confused state at all, it only made my mind start racing again.

I was still pressed against him, he was looking down into my eyes like he was searching for my soul. My eyebrows furrowed and I shook my head. How could he be into me but still sleep with someone else?

I could smell him, a cigarette smell I hadn't ever noticed before mixed with coffee. His breathing was strong and steady, how could he be so calm? Was his mind not racing like mine?

"You can't tell me you're into me when you slept with someone else," I mumbled, breaking our eye contact.

I placed my hands on his biceps and pushed myself away from him, his arms reluctantly falling to his sides. I turned my back to him and placed my hands on the cool counter next to the stove like it would help me recompose myself.

"I was drunk. I know that's a shitty excuse but it's all I have. I wasn't in the right state of mind. I-"

"So are we going to have this conversation every time you go out and drink? We had sex that day Calum. That fucking day, the same day you went home with her. I think you should go." I interrupt him, still not facing him.

Suddenly I felt his presence. He ran his hand down my arm that was holding me up against the counter.

"Please, I don't want it to be like this," He whispers, only adding to the chills I got from his touch.

"You should've thought about it before."

Calums fingertips finally met the back of my hand. He spread his fingers out over mine, trying to intertwine our fingers.

"So that's it? I'm just supposed to leave after I tell you I have feelings for you?" For a second I think I hear Calums voice waver, but he centered himself nicely. His words make my ears get hot, anger coursing through me again.

"I don't know Cal. You tell me you want me to be mad at you so I tell you to leave and now I'm the bad guy? None of this is my fault, you started this. You slept with her, not me. I need to think for a while, therefore you need to leave." I say firmly. I was proud of myself for getting something out in a steady tone.

Calum stepped away from me and I instantly felt cold. The stupid part of me wanted to turn around and grab his wrist, pulling him close to me and never letting go. I let out a breath I didn't know I was holding when I heard the back door shut. I turned just in time to see him stepping onto the sand, walking in the direction of the pier and not looking back at me.

I almost regretted letting him leave. Almost, but I knew I shouldn't. I was in the right place, anyone normal would need space after something like this.

"Why did you make him leave?"

I jumped away from the counter, every muscle in my body tensing for a quick moment. I glared over at Lucas who was standing by the doorway just around the side of the fridge.

"Were you listening to us? I told you to mind your own damn business." I growled at him, pushing him as I walked past him and running up the stairs. "How could you, Lucas!!"

My door slams shut behind me and I lean against it, my breathing heavy not just from the stairs but also from mine and Calums conversation. I rip off my armband, my phone slipping out and crashing to the carpeted floor.

It lit up, showing me that the calls I had gotten during my run were in fact from Calum. There were also some more texts from Kinley, so I decided to call her. Maybe she could help me make sense of this. It wasn't even one pm yet and I felt exhausted.