13

Teagans pov

I woke to something ringing loudly, my heart racing because it startled me. I fumble in the darkness, trying to reach my phone which I figured was ringing. I didn't remember leaving my ringer on, but since I had been laying in an odd position I don't think I had meant to fall asleep yet.

I squinted at the bright name flashing on the screen, I had to make a quick decision as it wasn't going to ring much longer.

I silently cursed myself as I slid it over and put it up to my ear.

"Calum?" I question, not caring that my voice was deeper from being tired.

"Can you open your back door?" He slurred, his voice deep and raspy. I figured he was drunk, and it was three am. It had been two days since I had told him to get out.

"It's late, why aren't you at home?" I ask, sitting up in bed.

"We went out, but I didn't want to go home. So I came here. I just wanted to say I'm sorry." His voice cracked and I wondered if he was crying, or if he had been.

I was silent for a few moments before I heard him sigh. Then, it sounded like he knocked the table on the back porch over. I heard it through the phone and faintly through the house.

"Damn it, I might've broken the table. Are you coming to open the door?" He grumbled, his words still slurring slightly.

"I guess."

I hung up my phone, setting it on my nightstand and throwing the covers off me. I swung my legs to the edge of the bed and stood up, stretching a little. I had on Adidas shorts that barely passed for shorts, but since I only wore them to bed I didn't mind. I thought about changing quickly, but I heard knocking on the back door and decided I better get down there before he woke my parents up.

Absentmindedly I slipped my feet into my house shoes and started down the stairs. The porch light was on since it detected Calums movement. A shadow of his tall frame was cast on the blinds. I quietly unlocked the door and opened it.

Calums face lit up when he saw me, and he smiled widely. "Teagan! I missed you!!"

He fell into me with a hug, and I immediately shushed him. "Hey Cal. Listen, no talking until we get upstairs to my room."

He placed one finger over his lips and nodded his head. I took his hand and led him to the stairs, he was leaning a majority of his weight on me so it made it more difficult than it should've been. Calums eyes were darting around like he was on a secret spy mission.

Once the hard part was done (the stairs), Calum opened my door and immediately fell onto my bed. I shut the door quietly behind me, staying over by the door to look at him.

He had on black jeans with a pair of old skool vans and his baby doll style t-shirt was tucked into his pants. It was different than seeing him in a swimsuit or gym shorts every day. "Are you gonna stand over there the whole time? Why'd I come over then?"

I snapped back to reality when I heard his voice. I slipped off my house shoes and he did the same for his shoes before he crawled further up on my bed. "I don't know why you came here, Calum."

He sat up against the headboard and motioned for me to come closer, so I crawled in next to him and leaned my head on his shoulder.

Calum let out a sigh before he spoke again. "I thought about what you said."

My nerves began to creep back in, which part was he talking about?

"I said a lot of things, care to specify?" I leaned my head backward, looking up at the ceiling.