5

Teagan's Pov

"Wait, wait, so you're saying you think this is like a love at first sight type thing??" Kinley gasped. I laughed.

"I mean, I don't know? When he came on to me like that, I was like physically attracted to him in a way I've never been before. He turned me on just by speaking to me, I had butterflies, and his touch felt like electricity." I told her, we discussed our sex lives often.

"Well we all know you like it rough, so maybe you should ask if he's okay with that." She giggled, I could just hear her smirk.

"Oh, shut up, there's nothing wrong with that anyways. I'm house ridden for a week and a half also, how am I supposed to have fun when I already can't walk?" I asked.

"I know you, and I know you're hoping you won't be able to walk the next day anyway."

I scoffed, "I'm not sure why you're making fun of me, who's giving you dick for the summer?"

She was silent for a second before she came back with, "Excuse me, you haven't gotten any dick yet."

"You're right, maybe that's not what he meant. But I'm not sure what the fuck else it would be." I laughed, and she did too.

"Well it's getting late here, I'm glad you called to check in. Let me know when you see lover boy again."

I rolled my eyes at her nickname for him and hung up. I opened the to-go box that my brother had brought up for me. There was a burrito from my favorite restaurant here in town. I was a little jealous they went without me, but still happy they brought me something.

I took one bite and then took a selfie of me with my cheeks full of food, holding up the burrito. I captioned it, "My hobby is eating burritos the size of my head, but?" I sent it to my story and then scrolled through my other friend's stories as I ate.

+

The next three days I spent my time looking up workouts I could do that didn't involve standing or putting weight on my foot. Most were ab or arm workouts, which was fine with me, that might've been where I needed toning the most.

Most of our weights and workout stuff was in the extra garage, and the house was huge, so we had three. The only issue with doing just arms and abs was that I felt like I wasn't doing enough, so I'd spend up to two hours in there versus a 40-minute workout I usually did in the summer.

I hadn't heard from Calum or any of them. I also didn't have a way to contact any of them, so it was expected. I hadn't been out to the beach either, and I figure it would be too much effort to keep my bandages dry and free from sand. My mom suggested putting a few shower caps over it if I wanted to go out, she even bought me some.

Today, four days since I went to the ER, I decided to lay out on the back porch. It was sunny enough, and that way I didn't have to go down to the sand.

My parents usually found fun stuff for Lucas to do during the day, so they weren't always there. I understood I was content with laying outside. A fourteen-year-old, on the other hand, gets stir crazy if you don't occupy them every single minute. They also talk a lot.

They had been coming home around six every night to start cooking dinner, and it was kind of nice to have the house to myself. I knew my grandma who lived a town over was loving having them visit her, and she hadn't gotten to see the baby yet.

Once I got my stuff settled outside, I slipped in my headphones, bringing them around the back of my head, so I didn't get any weird tan lines. My hair was in two braids down the back of my head, and my swimsuit for the day was a yellow bandeau top and a high waisted cheeky bottom. Pretty much the typical nowadays, I wasn't ashamed to admit it. It was what I felt confident in, so I decided to work with it.