Bulletproof

Ignoring Sanchez I went into my room and slammed the door shut. My hands in my face running up and down. How could he do that In front of everyone?

Everyone..

He came into my Mafia, told everyone the truth about me, then left. I know he will come back.
I wanted to kill him so bad, the strength it took in me.

He destroyed my life in seconds.

Suddenly there was a knock on my door snapping me out of my thoughts.

No I can't face anyone now.
"Go away!"
I shout, lying down.

I'm really not in the mood.
"Please?"
God it was Sanchez.

I knew he wouldn't leave me alone so I pushed my hair back and sat up.

"Fine, come in"
He opened the door and walked in closing it behind.
"What is it Sanchez?"
I asked sighing.

"Well...I..um just wanted to see if you were okay. Like not crying or anything"

Crying?

Clearly he doesn't know me. "I don't cry...well, not anymore"
I say Looking down at my hands.

"You can talk to me. It's not like I'm gonna tell anyone. Everyone hates me to be honest". He said chuckling .
A small smile appeared on my lips but I quickly got rid of it.

I looked up to him making eye contact.
His hair was messy and in his eyes, he kept a smile on his face while staring into my eyes.
I don't know why but I have the urge to tell him. I feel like I can tell him everything without being judged.

His black eyes stared into mine until I finally looked away.

I hope I don't regret this. I don't open up to people, this is a first.

"Well.....14 years ago, my life was hell. Literally. My mother she....she took a lot of drugs. She bought them. She gambled. A lot

Until one day, she had lost all her money. I was 5 at the time. She wanted more or everything, so one day a guy made a deal with her. He said he would give her everything she wanted for free if she'd sell me..."
I took a deep breath, getting goosebumps just thinking of this.
Flashbacks came into my head.

My screaming and crying.
How I would always be in my room without a bed.
On the floor. Starving. Freezing.

"Taking the choice she had. She sold me to-"
I curled my lips stopping myself. His name lingered in my head.
And I made a promise to never think of him or say his name.

My eyes stayed on the floor as I remembered his face.

"My dad was on a business trip so he didn't know anything. But when he came back he didn't try to take me back. He just ordered them to beat me up everyday. Hurt me. Whatever, that makes me feel pain. I stayed there for 5 years. Then my dad came and took me back"

Sanchez placed his hand over mine lightly rubbing it.
I knotted my brows and quickly pulled my hand away.

I don't want him to feel pity for me, or think I'm getting soft.

"He took me back and made me feel the pain all over again. For some reason he just never liked me. I was just a toy. I never understood anything.

My mother, she just watched. This was her fault. If she had never cheated on my Father while being pregnant with me this would have never happened. He believed I would be a whore too. And he had to put me in place"

Thinking about all of this hurt me.
I was mentally and physically abused my whole life.

I never spoke about it because of trust....and embarrassment.

                         ~ Sanchez' Pov ~

While she was speaking I couldn't do anything but listen.
I wanted to comfort her, but when I put my hand over hers and she pulled away.
It's clear that no one has ever done that for her so obviously she's not going to let me in.

I genuinely felt sorry for, she's been through So much and-

And....I'm going to hurt her soon.
Put her through pain again.

This isn't right..

After All of that,  she's become a strong, powerful woman. She opened her mouth ready to speak again. But this time she sat up. Emotionless.

"When I finally turned 15, I changed. My life changed. I took my dads gun and shot my Mother while she was with some whore.

I went for my Father next. Aimed it right at his face. And he just stood there..Like it was nothing. But he took the gun and shot me in the leg and shoulder, called me a useless girl. Then I never saw him again. After that Leo had found me. Bleeding to death. But he saved me and raised me. He was a father"

My jaw dropped hearing what her Father did to his 15 year old daughter. I want to let her know it's okay....that she's safe.

But as long as I'm here.
She can't be safe.

For a little while I saw some sort of...human in her. But she quickly went back to the emotionless robot she is.

"Get out. You have work to do and tell Kevin and dimitri that we're going to the casino tomorrow"
Well I better not talk about this again if I want to keep my limbs.

                         ~ Veronicas Pov ~

As soon as he closed the door I dropped back on the bed. What. Just. Happened. I can't become soft and start talking about my problems like a child.....but it felt good.

Maybe because I've never had anyone to talk to before?

Im  a hundred percent going to regret this later.

Next time my Father enters my place, I will kill him. My dad doesn't deserve to live. I killed my mother because she was weak. But him, he's too powerful.

One day. Just one day.

I got up and went into my bathroom. I will never get used to such a big bathroom.  I turned on the lights and looked at myself. What would I be like if I had never shut my emotions off, if I didn't become a cold hearted bitch.

I would probably still be that innocent, naive
Veronica.

I checked my schedule and saw what time I need to go to the casino that will be mine tomorrow
I also need to bring drugs with me tomorrow for The owner of the casino who wants me to meet someone.