"It feels like you're slipping away from me, Leila," He ran a hand through his hair, "I sound like a whiny pup,"

"You don't," I whispered, scooting closer to him— till my thigh rubbed against his, "you sound like a male who wants his female,"

"I do want you, and I am trying to run at your own pace but-"

"It's hard, I know," I completed his sentence, "I'm not going to say I understand what you're saying because— frankly enough, I don't, but I am here for you. I am yours and nobody else's,"

His body relaxed at those words and his arm wrapped around my shoulders instinctively; forcing an array of sparks to rush through my body.

"I could kiss you right now," He mumbled.

"And I wouldn't allow it," I said, tracing circles onto his chest.

"I deserve that,"

"You do,"

"Did I mention I was sorry?" He laid a kiss on my forehead, ushering a swarm of butterflies to flutter in my stomach "because I am,"

Suddenly, a thought popped into my head.

"Remember yesterday, you said you would do anything for me to forgive you?" I asked, staring at him.

He nodded, "Yeah?"

"Well, I know what I want,"

"What is it?"

"I want you to trust me, Luca. Trust that I will come back from the untamed lands, all in one piece, with what I need in my arms. If you let me go wherever I want for the next 48 hours, I will forgive you," I spoke genuinely, with passion and sincerity because I meant it.

If he was able to trust me for the next 48 hours, unknowing of what I was about to do, it meant he was worth it. It meant that he was controlling his beast and letting go of his insecurity.

He chuckled and played with the tips of my fingers, shaking his head, "You could have asked me for this entire castle, Leila, and to be honest, I would have given it to you. But instead, you ask me for 48 hours," He sighed longingly, "to be honest, that sounds like a hell of a lot more than a castle,"

I giggled into his chest, the sound alien to my lips.

"I'll give you 48 hours," He murmured, "anything more than that and I'll send the entire kingdom out looking for you,"

"Please don't,"

"You asked for 48 hours and I gave them to you,"

"Ugh," I rolled my eyes, "you're such an Alpha!"

He laughed, the morning sun kissing his smooth skin, "An alpha you will one day grow to love,"

I paused at the mention of that word.

Love.

I knew for a fact I didn't love Luca just yet, but I fancied him. I liked him so much I couldn't see myself with anyone other than him- and maybe that was because Luca was the first man to ever call me beautiful. Maybe it was because he was the only man to ever lessen the hollowness in my chest, but I didn't want to question it.

He was him and I liked that.

A lot.

"An alpha I will one day grow to love, indeed," I repeated, a content smile on my face.

-_-

I got into my armour just as the 2 o'clock sun-glazed my skin- much to Luca's protests.