"Because I know where it is,"

"Well, I'm sure we can explain what that thing looks like"-

"It just does, Luca!" I burst, hands clenched by my sides and foot stomping, "You don't need to know why and I was never asking for your permission in the first place!"

"You are my guard, Leila. You really think you can just leave?"

My breath faltered as I stared him down.

"You're really going to banish me from my position?" I asked, walking so I was a few steps away from him, "I'd like to see you try,"

His eyes turned amber as he stepped forward and into my space, "You," He wrapped his hand around the back of my neck, "Are not," he pulled me to him so that my lips were inches away from his, "leaving,"

I placed my palm on his chest and pushed him away from me; dizzy at the lack of his warmth pushing into my presence. It took everything in me to stop myself from laying my lips to his but I did it— I controlled myself, and I was impressed by my ability.

"I'm going to put my armour on," I let out a breath, "and meet my brother by the training grounds. You're going to leave and stop acting like you're my father,"

"I'm not acting like your father"-

"You are, Luca, you just can't see it," I was so frustrated with his behavior; so much that I hated the fact that I was mated to a king.

He was suave, charming and a gentleman at heart, but he was also overbearingly possessive, sensitive at times and just a tad bit too stunning. It was a lot to handle— some might say it was worse than being trapped in the outskirts for 6 years but who was I to speak? Some 18 year old girl who couldn't control foreign emotions from overcoming her body?

Who was I kidding?

That's exactly what I was.

"Let me come with you," He suggested, "we'll find whatever you're looking for quicker,"

"I'm not risking it,"

"We fight with the same skill,"

"But you suck at cryptozoology, Luca. Have you ever slayed a 6 headed beast the size of that door?" I pointed to my door, brows risen, "no, Luca. You haven't. And I'm not risking losing you to that,"

"Slaiman has never been to the outskirts either, Leila," His eyes shone with desperation, an emotion that made my heart squeeze painfully and my wolf howl like a banshee in my head.

When did emotions become such a big thing to me?

"Please Leila, I just found you 9 days ago and— and listen, I know I might not be what you expected, but I'm trying. I really am," He sighed, equally as frustrated as I was, "my wolf screams at me to mark you with every second that passes and I have to push him down and it gets harder every day! He's never been this way though— so I don't— I don't"-

He was rambling just as much as he was shaking, and the sight did something to me.

I laid my hand on his shoulder and looked him in the eyes. The whole world paused as I stared into the turmoil of his sea orbs; at the complete and utter panic that laid beneath them. His little pearls of blue were moving rapidly as they stared into my own; trying to convince me to not leave.

"Let's sit down," I cupped his face in my hands, "okay, let's just sit and talk,"

He followed me to the couch and sat down, his body stiff.

"I'm not going to die in the outskirts, Luca. I've slain practically every monster that's ever existed," I laid my hand on his, squeezing, "I promise you,"