Bearer of Thy Oath (XVI)

Start from the beginning

When morning came, they were both pale remembering their heated night. They both decided to keep a fair distance from each other. But as time passed they longed for each other.

After two years they broke their own words and came back together. Keeping their love for each other hidden in their hearts, they secretly met with each other. They were very happy and couldn't wish for anything more. But as they said, 'good things in life never last'. It was true for their tragic relationship. It happened so suddenly, Abel was keeping his distance from Cain and kept avoiding him at every turn.

This angered Cain, he couldn't understand why would his lover suddenly change like this. When it came to give the offering to God, he had wanted Abel to win the favor and didn't put much effort into preparing it. As he assumed, Abel won God's favor.

The next day he prepared a bottle of wine to celebrate his lover's success. He hummed a merry tune all the way to the other's home. That was when he noticed the door was slightly ajar. He wrinkled his brow and called out to Abel, but received no reply. Pushing the door, he staggered at the sight he came upon. There was another 'him' that had pinned Abel underneath him. The other him also had a dagger in his hand that was covered in blood, the table and floor were covered in blood. Abel's face was that of disbelief when he died.

Cain's face had been soaked in tears, he screamed with a soundless voice. He ran over to attack the other 'him', but they had disappeared. All that remained was the dagger that took the life of his beloved. He held Abel in his arms, his hands shakily touch the cool skin.

Just at that moment, people barged into the room and dragged him out. He was accused of taking Abel's life, the most laughable reason? It was because he was jealous of God's favor of Abel over him. He felt so numb and dead inside that Cain had almost collapsed, but it seemed that was only the start of his miserable fate.

Cursed to venture alone for all of eternity, even the plants and animal were unable to accompany him. He was 'blessed' with a mark given by God to show his 'mercy' against his treacherous deed. The 'mark of Cain' it was called. A blessing disguised as a curse, he could not even end his life. As he spent his days in solitude and desolation, he grew insane and hated the God above and all of his creation.

Now that he didn't have Abel, he lost his reason to live. He wanted to find the person who killed Abel, but after many years of searching he came up with nothing. He felt so empty, so tired inside. If he cannot live in this damned world without Abel, he will destroy everything.

---

A/N: Just some more sideish-family-interaction-that-has-nothing-to-do-with-the-main-story because I thought of something.

Small Theater

A day at the beach

Baby Sitri: Uwhah! Mommy Uriel look, it's so pretty!

Mommy Uriel: *smiles and pats Baby Sitri's head* Are you happy?

Baby Sitri: *bobs his head* En! Hehe~

Baby Sitri's Stomach: Now is the best time to take action! gurgurgru

Baby Sitri: *blushes*

Mommy Uriel: *bends down* Baby, let's go eat.

Baby Sitri: *smiles foolishly* Ehehe, okay Mitera. Ah ah... Forgot to eat in the morning... was too excited... Mmm mmn must remember to eat so that I can't spend time with Mommy Uriel more.

Rewinds back to this yesterday night.

1 AM in the morning.

Baby Sitri: *eyes flies open* *gets up* *looks at Daddy Adriel and smirks evilly*

Daddy Adriel: *frowns in his sleep*

Baby Sitri: *nudges Mommy Uriel*

Mommy Uriel: Mm?

Baby Sitir: *whispers cutely* Mitera, let's go to the beach.

Mommy Uriel: *looks at Baby Uriel questioningly*

Baby Sitri: *whispers some incoherent things to Mommy Uriel*

Successfully ditches Daddy Adriel back at home.

Baby Sitri: *humming happily to himself*

Mommy Uriel: *has a spoon in his hand* Eat

Baby Sitri: *opens his mouth to eat*

Someone's hand redirects it to their mouth.

Baby Sitri: *puffs cheek* *looks to see who dares to take his food that his Mommy Uriel got for him* *face darkens*

Daddy Adriel: *smirks as he chews on food*

Mommy Uriel: Adriel?

Daddy Adriel: *narrows his eyes as he touches the back of Mommy Uriel's neck* En.

Mommy Uriel: *sees the look in his eyes* *shivers*

Baby Sitri: *tilts head* Eh? Is mitera cold?

Daddy Adriel: Let's go home shall we?

The next day Mommy Uriel didn't get out of bed and Baby Sitri only saw Daddy Adriel. Baby Sitri thought to himself that maybe he should go across the world next time with Mommy Uriel.