Twenty Two.

After Luke left Harry led me into his apartment. I sat on the couch with Harry, and he never left my side through all the tears. He didn't ask me what happened or who Luke was, he just held me as I cried myself to sleep. When I woke Harry was on one side of me, and Frank on the other. My head was a bit hazy, so I got up to grab a drink of water. I stood resting on the kitchen island as I sipped on my glass of water. I still could not believe that Luke had showed up here, after all this time asking for forgiveness. I cringed at the thought that some point I would have to explain who Luke was to Harry. I really didn't want to do this now, especially since I was this close to telling him how I felt. My thoughts were broken when a messy haired Harry woke up looking for me, and Frank right behind.

        "Olivia."

        "In the kitchen." Harry turned the corner into the kitchen and immediatley engulfed me into a bear size hug. When he let me go, he smiled and kissed my forehead.

        "Thought you could use one." He said as he shrugged shoulders. I could tell he wanted to ask me about Luke, but wasn't sure if I was going to cry again. So I took that as my cue to explain it all. I led him back to couch so we could as least be comfortable. I sat indian style facing him on the couch. This was it, I haven't talked to any one but Cara about Luke in so long. I almost didnt know where to start. So I started at the beginning. I told him about how we met in class one day, and how everything snowballed from there. 

        "Things with Luke happened so fast, I never really thought he was my type. He had tattoos everywhere and didn't take school seriously. My parents hated him of course, Cara didn't exactly like him either but she said I needed to make my own mistakes. Before I knew it we were living together in this shitty little studio right off campus. The funny thing is I didn't care about any of that stuff as long as I had Luke. I was so enamored with him, he was honestly my everything. I lost alot of friends along the way, they said they had seen Luke with different girls. I chose Luke everytime, and pushed the thought that he could be cheating on me in the back of mind."

I was starting to think maybe I should hurry up with the story, but when I paused Harry nodded as if to tell me to go on.

"Well I finally confronted him about it, he said I was crazy and that there was no one else for him. A couple of days later he proposed. I said yes. I know, I know. I don't know what I was thinking when I told my parents they told me they would cut me off if i went though with it. So I told them I didn't need their money and dropped out school myself. It was a week before the wedding, and I had come home after a long day of work to find all of Luke's things gone. He had moved out while I was working and left me a note on an old reciept. I cant do this was all it said."

"I should have punched him when I had the chance. Oh, and I'm putting a lock on the door at the bottom of the stairs." Harry said while gritting his teeth.

"It's okay i've come along way since then, I finished school, found a great job, and even a few friends." I said while winking at him. The conversation was becoming to heavy and I was starting to feel uncofortable. Harry could tell I was starting to feel uneasy and told me he would start on some dinner for us. I sat there lazily petting Frank letting the whole afternoon play out in my head. I was startled when Harry's phone buzzed from underneath me. I meant to just pick it up and place it on the table. But I couldnt help but see the text message that appeared on his phone.

Harry baby, i'll be in town in two weeks. Can't wait to see you. Kisses.

Who says kisses? Yuck, I thought to myslef. At the same time I was glad that I saw the message, just a few hours ago I was ready to confess my feelings. Although I was not happy that I saw Luke, I'm glad it prevented me from making a fool of myself in front of Harry. I was right about him, he's not one woman guy. Maybe misheard Niall and Harry talking about another girl, because it sure is not me. A part of me wanted to cry over this but I had shed so many tears today I wasnt sure I had anymore. While he continued to make dinner, I thought about it carefully. Harry has always been a wonderful friend to me, why ruin a good thing I thought. I vowed from that moment to value the friendship I have with Harry, and nothing more. 

        The rest of the night was a normal night for Harry and I, we went back to our easy friendship and I found myself throughly enjoying myself now that I decided to be strictly  friends. I didnt want my feelings to get in the way of this. Harry is truly a great guy and I couldnt ask for a better friend and neighbor. Dinner was amazing as usual, I cleaned while Harry watched a little television. We said goodnight after a long afternoon. I was already starting to feeling but there was one thing I couldn't get out of my head. Why had Luke said that, sure Harry and him both had a plethora of tattoos and rocker style. But what happened between Luke and I will never happened between Harry and I. Especially now since I have put those feelings away. I know if I ever let Harry in the way I had let Luke in, and it didnt work out it would break me. 

Harry's POV

        "Frank what are you doing, stop scratching at the door I just took you out." I walked back to my studio to finish some more work when I heard the scratching again. "Cut it out Frank." That's when I heard Olivia, I glanced at the time she should be at work right now what's going on, and why is she yelling? I panicked and ran towards my door, when I opened it she was crying and there was a blonde guy standing opposite of her also with tears on his face. What the fuck was happening, all I knew is that I would kill this guy if he hurt her. I stood by her side, as she curled her tiny body into mine.

"You heard Olivia, leave." I said, I swear to god if this fucker doesn't leave i'll have to make him leave. The dumb ass finally got the hint and started for the stairs, when he reached the bottom he said "Looks like history is repeating itself." What the hell is that supposed to mean? When he was out the door I gently led Olivia to my apartment. We sat on the couch as she continued to cry herself to sleep, I watched her breathing slow and her chest lower and rise. She was such a beautfiul girl who didnt deserve to cry I thought as I faded into my own sleep.

        When I woke Olivia began to explain everything. She was obviously nervous as she went from playing with her hair, then picking at her finger nails as she told the story. I can't believe she had gone though so much with that guy. Everything was starting to make sense now, as she continued her story. I understand now why she is so careful and so guarded. I hate knowing that he caused her so much pain, I pray that he doesnt come back here again. I could tell things were getting uncomfortable for her so I decided to make dinner for her to help relax. Dinner went on well like it alway does. 

When I layed my head in bed that night, Luke's words were nagging at me. What the hell did he mean by that. Sure it was obvious that we both had tattoos and rocker style but so did alot of people. He probably thought I was her boyfriend and just wanted to drive a wedge between us. He was with different girls while he was with her. I would never do that if I had her. But is that why Olivia acted like she didn't care when Tessa kissed me. Did she think I was like Luke?