Twelve.

I spend the next couple of weeks trying not to worry about running into Luke. The night Cara told me he was moving up here, I looked at the message he sent me. His message read he missed me and wanted to talk. I don’t understand how he could have the audacity to think that I want to talk to him. I couldn’t look at him in the face after that night; in fact I haven’t seen him since that night. His message is the first time in over a year that he’s tried to contact me. I tried my best to keep my mind off of him; everything else was going so well. I promised myself I would never let him hurt me again, and I was determined to keep that promise.

      I spent the last couple of weeks really diving into work and spent most of free time with Suzi and Harry. Work was great, I am really starting to get the hang of things. Colin is a great boss he’s kind and very attentive. Suzi always teases me by telling me how Colin lights up when I’m in the room, and how she catches him staring sometimes. I think I notice it too, but since he’s my boss I leave it alone. Although getting to know Colin would be nice, he’s seems like the perfect guy.

      Harry and I have been hanging out almost everyday. We have dinner most nights and Harry attempts to teach me how to cook but I usually end up on the couch with Frank waiting for the food to finish. We have a really friendly comfortable relationship. Sometimes I wonder if Harry want’s more, but he never hints at it. He doesn’t really talk about other girls either.

      Harry and I decided to just be open with Niall and Suzi about our friendship. We both agreed we didn’t want to tell them how close we had gotten because we didn’t want them to get the wrong idea. Some how we know they will still have their own ideas about our friendship. We figured what better way to show them that were just friends by hanging out.

      “What’s the bar called again?” Harry said through his teeth, we had been going around in circles because my great directions.

      “Jones, we’re just around the corner sheesh.” I replied

      “How about next time you drive, and I navigate. You are shit at giving directions.” He laughs

      “Yeah, yeah. We’re here come on we’re late.”

      “Because you had to switch your outfit like fifty times.”

      “Sorry, we can’t all look as gorgeous as you do in ripped jeans and band shirt.” I quipped.

      “Hah, I knew it. You’re in love with me.”  

We continued arguing until we got to the table. Suzi is there with Sara and some of the other girls from work. I took a seat with the girls while Harry went to grab us a drink.

“Vodka soda? Yeah?” He said as he walked away. I nodded to confirm.

When I turned back to join the conversation all the girls we’re looking at me. Suzi has the biggest smile one her face, and I could tell exactly what she was thinking. “You guys are so cute together! I guess it’s true. Opposites really do attract.” I rolled my eyes at her, “we are not together! We’re just friends sheesh.” The other girls joined in with Suzi and started to make kissing noises. I couldn’t help but laugh. We we’re still laughing when Harry came back and took the seat next to me.

“What’s so funny?” Harry asked. Suzi was quick to reply “Well we we’re just talking about”. Then Niall came rushing towards and cut her off, saving me from embarrassment. “Harry, my boy! There you are lad.” Niall and Harry did that man hug that boys often do. Niall brought some friends with him “Ladies this is Louis, Liam, and Zayn.” We all sat down and we’re having a great time.

All the boys went to the bar to get us drinks, and the girls and I joked about how they look like they could be a boy band or something. We started to give them personas; Harry was the cheeky English boy. I laughed to myself because that description couldn’t be more accurate. Niall was the playful one, Liam the nice guy, Louis the jokester, and Zayn the mysterious one. The girls we’re all saying which one they would like to hook up with, of course Suzi picked Niall. The other girls chose and it was only Sara and I left. I laughed and said I wouldn’t hook up with Harry if he we’re the last man on the planet. Clearly I was exaggerating but I didn’t want to give Suzi and more ammo.

“Well, I guess that leaves Sara and Harry.” Suzi said with laugh.

“Wouldn’t be the first time.” She said and winked at me. The moment she said that I was angry. I played it off and just laughed but the thought of Harry and Sara together made me see red. It’s not that I liked Harry or anything. We we’re clearly just friends but knowing he hooked up with her made me feel a bit jealous. I pushed the mental picture of Harry and Sara to the back of my mind.

We we’re seated on the outside patio, and it was starting to get chilly. I hadn’t brought a jacket, I was used to living in Los Angeles where it never got as cold as it does here in San Francisco. I shivered and Harry noticed he took off his jacket and wrapped it around my shoulders. It was a simple nice gesture that I was used to with Harry, we have gone out many times and I always forget a jacket. I hadn’t thought anything of it until Suzi smiled at me, and Niall winked at Harry. We both started laughing, but there was one person who was not amused. Sara looked at me looking plenty annoyed. We had gotten along really well at work, but I guess she is still harboring feelings for Harry. I don’t blame her he’s very cute but I made it clear earlier we are not together.

On the way home, I thought of asking Harry about him and Sara. But ultimately I decided not to, we’re just friends who he hooks up with is none of my business. Come to think of it Harry has never asked me about boyfriends of past relationships and I was thankful for that. How would I explain to him that the reason I disliked him when we first met was because he reminded me Luke.