Twenty One.

After the trip to Seattle Harry and I picked up right where we left off, as friends. It had been a bit awkward for the first couple of days. I would catch myself staring at Harry, and imaging what would of been. I know I shouldn't think of things like this, but I honestly cant stop myself. Harry has been nothing but normal, we've gone back to our easy friendship. When I arrived at work on Monday, Suzi and the girls pressed me for details about the trip. I gave them vague answers not wanting to disclose what really happened. But there was one person who I knew I was not convincing. As soon as Suzi and I were alone, she pounced on me like a hunter and his prey.

        "Spill missy." She said dead panned.

        "What are you talking about? I just told you." I tried to say nonchalantly.

        "Liv, just tell me what really happened." 

        "Fine, but don't tell the rest of the girls." I said dragging each word. Suzi looked at me literally zipped her mouth and threw away the key. I explained to her what happened, and all the times Harry's stupid phone interupted a moment that could have been. She didn't say anything but she nodded along and shook her head when something made her mad. By the time I had explained the story tears were falling down my face even though I had been trying so hard to keep up this facade and I didnt care. It was nice to finally say my feelings out loud to some one, and I had hoped that I would be confessing my feelings for Harry to Harry. After Suzi gave me a hug, and helped me fix my make up she finally spoke.

        "Bullshit."

        "What?" I said confused.

      "You heard me, bullshit. You and I know that's not true. Harry cares about you and not just in a platonic way. Sure it may have started off that way, but I know for a fact that isnt true. Look I don't know what happened with him and the blonde bimbo. Look you can't tell Niall or Harry that I told you but I over heard them one day while they were on the phone before you left for Seattle. I can't tell you exactly what Harry said that's for him to tell you. But I think you guys owe to yourselves to try and work out your feelings."

        That information hit me like a ton of bricks. Sure she did not tell me verbatim what Harry had said but I felt so much better knowing that I wasnt wrong about Harry, and that he had feelings for me too. After all was said and done, I gave Suzi a big hug and told her how lucky I was to have a friend like her. The rest of the day I went back and forth in my head, should I talk to Harry and finally put it all out on the table or just continue our friendship. I tried to concentrate on work, but everything was going out one ear and out the other. I was gazing out the window looking at the amazing view of the city when I decided to just do it. I was going to Harry how I feel.

        I sent an email to Colin, who had been out of the office telling him I wasn't feeling well and went home early for the day. I raced out of the building, and Suzi gave me a wink and said good luck before I  hit the elevator. My heart was racing so fast, I thought I could literally hear it. This was it, I was finally at his door.

        "Olivia?" I heard my name being called at the bottom of the stairs. The voice was so familiar and I knew who it was immediatley. I turned my head to see Luke standing at the bottom of the stairs. I stood atop of the stairs in disbelief.  Our eyes were locked on each other as he made his way up, he has really filled in over the last year and I mentally scolded myself for noticing. As he reached the top step, I moved a step back. My breath was ragged, and my stomach was twisting and turning just at the sight of him. After what felt like minutes, Luke finally spoke.

"I'm so sorry, Olivia." He said softly. He reached for my hand that was by myside and placed it in the two of his. I wanted to take my hand back, and tell him I didn't care if he was sorry or not. But I could not, I was frozen I couldn't speak or move. He started again. But this time he moved in closer, and before I knew it I was engulfed by his huge arms. His lips grazed my hair as he spoke. "Olivia, I'm so sorry. I know I should have said it sooner.  I hate knowing how much I hurt you, everyday that passed made it harder for me to say apologize. I was afraid, I couldn't face you. If I saw you cry I know I would change my mind and run back to you. I was a selfish coward for leaving, I know that now. I just hope you could forgive me."

        "Are you kidding me? You come here now, when I've finally left all of the shit you put me through behind! You put me through hell. Do you know how it felt when I came home to an apartment we shared to find all of your things gone? I'll tell you how it felt, it was like some one punched me in the gut. You asked me to marry you, then you left! How could you do that to me? I risked everything to be with you, I fought with my family and friends constantly. They told me I shouldn't trust you and they were right!  To make matters worse, to hear that you moved on so fast with another girl. Well that was the just cherry on top! Get out of here Luke! I hate you, just leave!" When I finally found my voice I had never imagined that it all of that would come out, and that loud.  I had been holding everything in, and never have I said these words outloud.  I almost felt bad when I saw tears streaming from his eyes, but then I thought about all of the tears that I had shed for him.

        "Olivia ... please just let me explain. I'm sorry, please let's just talk about this." He said pleading, he tried to grab my hand again but this time I was fast to react. 

"No Luke, please leave! Just leave!" I was crying hysterically, and screaming for him to leave. I didnt want him to know he still had this affect of me.

Luke was about to open his mouth again, when Harry bursted through his door. Harry looked at me then Luke trying to access the situation. When Harry saw the tears in my eyes he immediatley looked angry. He was at my side in instant, he put his arm around me. His other arm was by his side, and his fist was curled into a ball. I could see the vain in his forehead throbbing as he sent a death stare to Luke.  

"You heard Olivia, leave." His voice was low, and I almost didnt recognize it.

Through my tears I could see the angry faces of Luke and Harry, and I was afraid that they would fight each other. I know first hand Harry is strong and can fight from the incident and the Bar. But Luke is at least five inches taller than Harry, and alot more broad. He has always been gentle but I definitley couldnt see it in him now. Luke's face finally softned when he looked at Harry and I. Harry had a strong protective grip on me, and I was curled into him. I could tell he was hurt, probably thinking that Harry and I were in a relationship. It must have pushed him to finally leave. He walked down the stairs slowly with his broad shoulders slumped down. Before he left he looked back once more to say something.

"Looks like history is repeating itself."