Sixteen.

The next morning I was awoken by the sound of a knock on the door. I called out for Harry, but glanced at the clock and I remembered he had work to do this morning. I muttered obscenities to myself while I sauntered towards the door, mentally making a note to myself to hang up the do not disturb sign. When I finally reached the door there was a man with a tray full of breakfast items. I shook him my head confused because I had just woken up and did not order room service.

“Good Morning Mrs. Styles, where would you like me to set up your breakfast?” The overly chipper man asked, I started to correct him but decided what’s the point.

“There must be a mistake, I didn’t order anything.”

“We have here that your husband place this order for you.”

“Oh, um okay in the living will be fine.”

I tipped the man, and made my way over to my delicious smelling breakfast. As I sat down something I saw a note in the corner of my eye with my name on it. I recognized the familiar writing on the hotel notepad.

“Didn’t want to wake you, ordered you breakfast. See you soon. Xx H.”

      As I ate my breakfast fresh thoughts of Harry came to my mind. I sat there staring off imaging what it would have felt like if Harry had kissed me. I hated admitting that Suzi was right, last night was the confirmation I needed. Harry did want to be more than just friends, now I just needed to decide if that’s what I wanted as well. I was alone with my thoughts in the empty hotel room, and decided I should clear my mind before I decided to take the next step with Harry.

      When I stepped out of the hotel the cold brisk air hit my face, but I was just glad that it had stopped raining. I had called a taxi and decided to take it to the famous Pike Place Market. It reminded me of the wharf in San Francisco. I walked by each store slowly taking in all of the sights and scents of the city. I was standing in line for coffee when my phone started to buzz, it was a text from Harry.

      “Meet me at the hotel at 6pm. I have a surprise for you.”

I smiled looking down at the text. I wasn’t sure what the surprise was but Harry is always considerate and fun that I knew I would have a good time with him. I was still smiling like a mad woman when my phone buzzed again.

      “Oh and dress nice!.”

“Shit.” I muttered to myself, I hadn’t brought anything nice considering the weather was so muggy. I glanced down at my watch and I still had enough time to stop by a mall if I hurried. I took a cab to the mall, and ran to my favorite store Nordstroms. I frantically scanned all the racks for something “nice”. That’s when I found it, I knew it would do wonders for my figure. I chose a black skater dress that flared at my hips but accentuated my chest. I also picked up some black strappy heels to match.

I hurried back to the hotel with an hour to get ready. Time was going by so quickly that I didn’t realize it was already 5:45. I applied one last coat of mascara and did a once over checking for hair that might have fallen out of place. Since the dress was a bit revealing in the chest area, I decided to wear my hair down in soft curls, and finished the look with minimal make up and a nude lip. I mentally patted myself when I looked at the clock and realized I made it with five minutes to spare. I walked out of the bedroom to wait for Harry in the living room.

      When I opened the door Harry’s back was facing me, as he leaned against the window staring at the Seattle skyline. He must have heard the door open, and turned around slowly to greet me.

“Hey, ready to ..” He stopped mid sentence and stared at me. His eyes wandered up and down before he realized he was staring. I wasn’t upset at all because I was doing the same. Harry’s hair was pushed back, and he was wearing white-collar shirt pushed up around his elbows and black skinny jeans. He looked like he could have just walked the runway He had away of making everything look good. He cleared his throat and I was brought back from my thoughts.

“So are you ready to go?” He extended his arm towards mine so that I could loop mine with his. I gave him a smile, and as I looped my arm with his I could almost feel the tension between us. He led us down to the hotel lobby, and there was a black car waiting for us. He must have know that I was going to protest about the cost, and put a finger or my mouth before I could say anything.

As we arrived at our destination I was confused why we we’re so dressed up just to see the space needle. “There’s a restaurant inside, it’s supposed to have an amazing view.” He said softly in my ear. I smiled as he led me towards the elevators, his hand was on the small of my back and his fingertips were grazing my skin.

      “Harry, this is spectacular!” I said while looking the Seattle sky from our table.

      “I just wanted to thank you for coming up with me, and waiting for me while I worked.”

      “I should be thanking you, for bringing me with you and for this.” I gestured towards the restaurant and the view.

      “Did I mention you look beautiful tonight?”

      “Not so bad yourself Styles.”

The rest of dinner went quickly, and I had an amazing time with Harry. Everything was so easy with him, he was such a good listener and story teller as well. We exchanged stories from our childhood, and talked about our careers and where we see ourselves in the next couple of years. The conversation was light and heavy in a good way, and as I stared at Harry across the table watching him smile I made my decision. I wanted to be with Harry.

      After a fit of laughter because of one of Harry’s childhood stories we were both clenching our stomachs. We both were quiet trying to recover when Harry looked at me, this was it the moment I had been waiting for. His eyes were focused completely on me like there was no one else in the room. He began to speak.

      “Olivia, I ..” and then his phone started to buzz.