Four.

“Over here!” I hear Suzi say over the crowd. She was right there is a good amount of people here tonight. The bar is nice and has a great outside patio that I will definitely check out later. I make my way over to her and the girls, which takes some pushing and shoving. When I finally make my way over to the table the waiter drops off some shots.

“Drink!” Sarah one of the other girls from work says as she hands me a shot. I take the shot immediately and I feel a familiar burn in my throat. Ah my old friend, Tequila. Not my first choice of drink, kind of reminds me of college. Those are thoughts I’d rather not think of tonight, I push it to the back of my mind and I take another shot. This is promising.

The rest of the night goes on well; some of the other people from work are starting to trickle in. Suzi introduces me to some people from other departments. I never knew the company employed so many people. It’s nice getting to know everyone, and again making some new friends.

“Let’s dance!” One of the girls says, so we all make our way to the dance floor. I’ve had a few too many drinks so I’m feeling confident and let my body move with the music. This was just the kind of unwinding I was hoping for. Just some plain ole’ good fun. All the girls and I dance for a few more songs. The guys from the office join in and we’re all just having a blast. The guys are really friendly and not at all sleazy which makes it even more fun, not having to worry about guys hitting on us.

I take that back maybe that’s just my opinion. I don’t think Suzi may agree with me on that. I see her at the corner of the bar taking shots with a guy. She looks like she’s having a good time, so I don’t bother trying to rescue her. You know what I’m talking about, the whole save your girlfriend from a creep by saying “Oh we’re just having a girl’s night but thanks for the drink!”

Whoa, my head is starting to feel a little fuzzy.

I yell over the music and tell everyone I’m going to sit the song out, some of the girls offer to sit with me but I tell them its okay and to go enjoy the music. I head for the bar and grab a bottle of water. I’m not sure if it’s hot in here or I’ve had too much to drink. Okay we know it’s the latter.

I need to get some air; this is the perfect opportunity to go check out that outside patio. The air is perfect outside, it’s late August so it’s warm enough to be with out a jacket. The breeze feels good on my skin; I close my eyes and just enjoy the cold air and the chatter around me. I stand at the patio for a few minutes just taking in the city. It’s only been a week but I really love San Francisco so far.

“Having a good time, Olivia?” A familiar voice says.

“Mr.Harris? Oh, hello nice to see you sir.” I say as I try to compose myself. I definitely do not want to be drunk in front of my boss. I attempt to straighten my hair and blouse.

“Call me Colin remember?” He says with a warm smile.

“Sorry, Colin. Yes I’m having a great time getting to know everyone at Globe Publishing. How about yourself?”

“Oh I just got here, I was actually on my way home and I remembered some one mentioned you all we’re going to be here tonight. I thought I might stop by and see some friendly faces.”