Six.

The rest of my weekend is rather uneventful. I did laundry, and finished unpacking. I called my family to see how they we’re doing and a couple friends from back home. My mother told me how well everyone was doing and that she missed me. I didn’t realize how much I missed them either until I talked to her.

      When I spoke to Cara I told her about Colin showing up at the bar. In an older sister fashion she warned me to be careful considering he’s my boss. I told her she was being crazy, and that Colin was simply being friendly to the new girl at work. Even if I didn’t entirely believe that. She asked me about my crazy Brit neighbor, but I told her it was just a misunderstanding and he’s not as bad as I thought. Although, I didn’t tell her about running into him at the bar or spending the whole day with on Saturday. I didn’t want her to get the wrong idea. Harry and I are friends I guess, and I didn’t want her to think I was going back down the same road I did in college. If she ever saw Harry she would take one look at his ripped jeans and tattooed arms and automatically dismiss him as a “bad boy.”

      It was still early and I had caught up with most of my housework and probably watched way too much television. I decided to check my Facebook. I haven’t been on it in months, I checked my feed first and it’s nice to see some of my old friends doing so well. I haven’t talked to some of them since I graduated. My mail box had one message in it, when I saw who it was from I got goose bumps all over my body. This couldn’t be happening, I told him I never wanted to speak to him again. And for two years he hasn’t tried. What could he want from me now?

      I was very studious my first two years of college, but then I met him my junior year. He was actually in two my class. He never seemed to pay attention but most kids didn’t. I would catch him staring at me, and in my head I would say as if. I never imagined myself being with some one like him. I always pictured myself with some one like Colin, I guess. Clean cut, manly with perfect manners. But I was drawn to him and him to me.

      A part of me thinks I only allowed him to pursue me because I knew my parents would hate me. At the time I was going through some problems with my parents. I was a college student and I wanted to have fun, but they always wanted me to study more or take more classes. I guess being with him was a way for me to rebel.

      I couldn’t think about him anymore, I allowed him to ruin a lot of things for me. My life is going so well now, and I finally feel like I’m where I’m supposed to be. So I decide to ignore the message and delete it.

      I went to bed that night trying to ignore the message. I tossed and turned all night, barely getting any sleep. Finally I decided just to wake up and get an early start on my day. I took my time getting ready this morning, making sure my clothes we’re perfectly pressed and my hair perfectly curled. I even added a touch more make up then I usually do. I was feeling better and told myself to just ignore the message, as if I never saw it.

      I arrived at work very early, so I went to the break room to get some coffee. When I got there Suzi was sitting on one of the chairs smiling at her phone.

      “Sexting loverboy?” I joked.

“Whoa what about you, you went home with your gorgeous landlord.”

“Correction we shared a cab, we did not go home together.”