Thirteen.

Olivia's Flashback.

“Hi, is any one sitting here?” I was startled from the voice coming behind me. As usual I had my head in a book, totally unaware that some one was behind me. I turned around to tell him the seat was free, and there was a tall blonde boy smiling down at me. He was gorgeous, he was at least 6’2 or taller, his blonde hair was a perfect mess on top of his head, and he had tattoos running down his arms and a few were peeking out of his shirt collar. Suddenly nervous, I smiled and gestured towards the chair next to me. As he sat down he introduced himself.

      “I’m Luke. Nice to meet you.”

      “Olivia, and you too.”

“Okay class, let’s get started. It’s the first day so we have a lot of things to go over. First let’s start with getting to know each other. I love a good ice break don’t you? Okay well let’s start turn to the person next to you and introduce yourselves if you have not already.” My overly excited professor said. I was a very studious person, and I preferred professors who liked to get down to business and gave me lots of busy work. I hated wasting time with icebreakers. Which is exactly what we did for the next hour and half.

      We did basic icebreakers like the classic “if you were on a deserted island what you bring and why. Then we continued on to a word association game. We were in a small group; we chose a word out of a hat. The word was beautiful, and the next person down the line would say whatever word came to mind. The next person was Luke, and before the first person finished saying beautiful he turned to me.

      “You.” He said looking straight at me.

I blinked my eyes a couple times trying to process what he had just said. He was still looking at me with these big blue eyes. Some other students in the class were practically melting, while others we’re making gagging noises. I was so distracted I forgot we we’re in the middle of game. It was my turn, shit why does he have to be so god damn attractive.

      “Idiot” spewed out of my mouth. I quickly put my hand over my mouth in shock. Did I just say that? Out loud? This gorgeous boy next to me just called me beautiful, and I called him an idiot. I slowly turned to look at Luke, he was staring right back at me with his lips slightly parted.

His expression was almost unreadable, I felt as if I was sitting on the edge of my chair waiting for his reaction along with the rest of our group. I was bracing myself for a few choice words from him but to my surprise he threw his hands in the air and started hysterically laughing.

I sighed a breath of relief and soon enough I was laughing along with him.

The rest of the class and icebreakers went off with out a hitch. As soon as class was dismissed I gathered my things and practically darted towards the door. This was my last class of the day and I was ready to go home. As I walking to my car I heard some one calling my name. When I turned to look it was Luke, running full speed towards me.

“Olivia, whoa you’re fast for being so tiny.” He joked as he caught his breath. We continued walking towards the student parking lot.

“So that was a fun class, not every day does a beautiful girl call me an idiot in front of the whole class.”

“Arrrgh, I’m so sorry. I don’t know what came over me.” I groaned as I kept my eyes on the floor.

“No, it was really funny actually. I can’t wait to tell my friends they’d love it. Actually I came over here to ask if you wanted to maybe hang out sometime?” He was biting his lip, and I was thoroughly distracted. I couldn’t believe some one like Luke would want to go out with me. It wasn’t that I thought I was ugly or anything like that, we we’re just so opposite. But the way he was nervously biting his lip I couldn’t say no. Sure, he wasn’t my usual type, but hot is hot.

      “So … is that a yes?” He questioned.

      “Oh, um yes. That’s definitely a yes.” I smiled and genuinely meant it.