Nine.

The next day I wake up later than usual, and I mentally scold myself for waking up so late. On the weekends I love to have an early start not to waste a second. My head is still foggy, but the previous nights events start to trickle into my head. I wonder if Harry’s cut is okay, and I wonder if I have any bruises myself from the drunken man’s hold on me. Sure enough I hold my wrist up and I see dark circles from where his fingers dug into me. I’m disgusted and decide to shower to wash it away.

      I take my time in the shower, and my thoughts immediately go to Harry. I’m so glad he ended up coming to the bar, he saved me and I’ve never seen him so concerned before. I also think about the look on his face when he was pushed, his eyes went so dark. I wonder if there is a side to Harry I don’t know. When I get out of the shower, I hear my phone ringing and I run to it. It’s Suzi calling to check on me, and Niall asks me to go over and check on Harry. He seems more concerned then he’s letting on and it makes me wonder.

      I get dressed, and bring him a cup of coffee. Black. When he opens the door he looks like he just woke up. He’s shirtless minus the bandage on him and his pants are hanging low on his lips, I avert my eyes from staring at his body for too long. I offer him the coffee, and he accepts it and invites me in.

      “Let me guess, Niall wanted you to check on me?”

      “No why do you say that, I just figured nothing says thank you like a coffee.” I say as cheerily as I can. I’ve never been a good liar. He senses it right away.

      “You are rubbish at lying. But if you must, you can report to Niall than I’m fine.” He sits down on the couch and pats the seat next to him. I sit next to him, and I realize this is the first time I’ve really been inside his apartment. It has a modern feel but still feels cozy. Everything is really neat and he has a large bookshelf in the corner I never took him as reader and I take note to look at his collection later.

      Sitting next to Harry like this is making my heart race a little, he’s so god damn attractive. Now that I’m closer to him I see that he has bags under his eyes. He looks so tired. “Harry do you want me to go, you can go and get some sleep.” I offer.

“No Liv, I’m fine I just stayed up late last night had a few things to finish for work.”

“Harry.”

“Yeah?”

“Why is Niall so concerned? I mean I know he’s a good friend but I get the feeling there is something else.”

He laughs, almost a nervous laugh. “So you caught that huh? It’s nothing really. When Niall and I we’re younger I used to get in fights a lot. I was an angry kid.”

“Oh” Is all I manage to say, and I see then tension roll off of Harry’s shoulders when I leave it at that. He asks me if I want to hang out for a little while so we sit for an hour watching a romantic comedy playing on one of the movie channels.  He fought me on it, but he ended letting me win. I guess I must have dozed off, when I wake Frank’s head is on my lap, and Harry’s head is rested on my shoulder.

      I try not to move and I sit here trying to take this all in, I’ve only known Harry for two weeks but I feel suddenly close to him. My eyes run up and down his arms, he has so many tattoos I lost count. I wonder if they have meaning or if they we’re just a spur of the moment. I know that I definitely feel something for Harry, but I can’t let myself wander down that road. He reminds me of him sometimes, charming and good looking. Frank hears something at the window and jumps off the couch starling Harry. He wakes up suddenly aware of how close we are, and moves back.