Tea

The night finishes very similarly to last time, Freddie asleep on top of me and Harry sitting opposite us as we talk in hushed voices.

"Are you ready to leave?" Harry asks softly, glancing at Freddie
"Yeh, better get this one to bed" I reply. I'm staying at Zayn's whilst we're in LA but he didn't have room for Freddie so Harry very kindly offered to let us stay at his LA house.

Harry stands up, moving to grab Freddie's car seat along with his overnight bag that he packed.

We walk to his car in comfortable silence, not wanting to disturb Freddie's slumber.

His car- a big black Range Rover complete with tinted windows- is parked in a hidden underground car park. It brings a little perspective into things, I know Harry has a big fan-base with the capacity to tour the world three times over, but the hidden car parks and tinted windows bring to light just how well-known Harry must be.
I can't help but wonder how I've managed to completely avoid the fans, the press, the paparazzi, and if Harry has something to do with it.

Maybe I'm just getting it wrong, but I though someone as famous as Harry would have streams of people following him around at all hours of the day. I make a mental note to ask him about this later, and I get back to the task at hand, strapping Freddie into his car seat and then climbing into the front next to Harry, who starts the engine as I buckle myself up.

The journey is short as promised but I still find my eyes dropping shut as the motion of the car soothes me.

~~~

"Lou bear, we're here... wakey wakey sleepy head" A voice cooes but I ignore it, furrowing my eyebrows and Im too tired to stop the rather child-like whine from escaping my lips.

"But I'm tired" I grumble

"I know, let's get you inside then I'll make a drink for you, yeh?" Harry bargains, "I've already tucked Freddie into bed, all you have to do is walk into the house and then you can go straight back to sleep if you want"

I huff and peel my eyes open, unbuckling and flinging my legs out of the door to trudge behind Harry, following him into the house.

I perk up immediately at the sight of it though. It's big, but not massive, and modern but not harsh. It's perfect really, exactly the kind of house I'd buy if I wasn't working with a lousy wage.

"Wow, Harry, this house is incredible" I complement
"Thanks, it was one of the first houses I bought. I always felt a little tug towards LA and wanted to have some sort of home-base here I guess."

We walk through a passageway, revealing a wooden staircase and rounding a corner before coming into an open plan kitchen/dining room.
Again, it's beautiful with marble counter tops and slate-coloured cupboards. Everything is finished in chrome, and there are strips of down lighting under the cupboards that cast a warm glow.

To sum it up, it's everything I've ever wanted in a kitchen and for a second I'm a little bitter about it, not that I'd ever admit it to anyone obviously.

"I might just move in to be honest, you are looking for two very cute but slightly annoying housemates aren't you?"

"Eh, you'll have to fill in an application, I'm afraid I already have two people in mind so don't get your hopes up." Harry smiles down at me, expression unreadable again, and it's getting a little annoying.

He shakes himself out of his little bubble, turning away from me to mess with the kettle "tea?"
"Please" I say in answer.

Harry always drinks tea before bed, I've learnt this from many a sleep over back when we were kids. It was him that got me into the habit, and I haven't slept without a good old English brew ever since.

Once we've finished making them, we take them through to the lounge- which is just as beautiful as the kitchen- and slump on the sofa side by side. We sit in silence for a bit, content on drinking in each others presence.