" Smriti, where have you got shot?" Sir asked.

" In the left hand sir." I said.

" The length of the bullet?" He asked.

" Approximately, 5mm.' I said.

" Make sure to keep your wound covered. I will let you know the medicines aftet I have a chat with the doctor. Take care." He said.

" I will sir. Thank you." I said.

He hung up.

" Girls, rest for today. Dinner will be done. Don't worry." Sunaina said.

We nodded. I went to my room and Mansi took Sunaina's room.

The moment I hit the bed, my phone went off.

I groaned.

" You were aware about the attack, right?" Christian asked, as soon as I took the call.

" I told you that I work for an organisation similar to FBI." I said.

" You are making me mad Ms Sharma. Tell me, what the hell do you do and why did you go to Times Square despite knowing that there  was a bomb there?" He asked.

" I did not go to Times Square.' I lied.

" I hate lies. Mia saw you there." He said.

" Mia knows that I am here?" I asked.

" Yes. She saw you in the cab yesterday." He informed.

" Okay." I said.

" Grandma has invited you for dinner tonight." He said.

" She knows too?" I asked.

" Everyone does." He said.

" Get ready by 8. I will pick you up." He said and hung up.

Rude much?

" He is way too arrogant. How will he pick me up when he has no access to my address." I questioned myself.

I slept for an hour or so. By the time I woke up, it was 7:50 and it was just Sunaina and I.

" Sunaina, we have to start our actual work from tomorrow." I said.

She nodded and handed over some medicines to me.

" Take these, papa has a talk with the doctor and Rajat bought these from the pharmacy." She said.

I took the medicines.

The door bell rang.

" You rest, I will see." Sunaina said and went.

It was Christian.

" Smriti, I asked you to get ready, did I not?" He frowned.

Shit! I thought that he was joking.

" Mr Grey, I thought that you were not serious sbout it." I said.

" Well, I was." He said.

" Fine, I will go and get dressed in 10 minutes. Till then. please take a seat." I said.

He nodded.

" What happened to your arm?" He asked.

" She hit herself while getting out of the car." Sunaina lied.

Christian gave me a suspicious look.

" It is nothing. I will just come." I said and dashed into my bedroom.

Thank god, the bullet mark was not visible.

I got ready in a full sleeved dress.

I came out. Then I took notice of Christian fully. He was wearing his usual business suit. Does this man own any casuals?

" Let's go.' I said.

I looked at Sunaina who nodded.

We took the elevator.

I was at their house in just half an hour.

I touched grandma's feet.

" Smriti, this is really not done. You were here and we had no information!" Grace said.

" Mrs Grey, I didn't wanted to bother all of you. Actually, I still don't know till when I am here so why disturb all of you?" I said.

" Smriti, did you forget that you are engaged to Christian and will be the part of this family soon?" Mia asked.

" Now that you are here, you will stay with all of us." Grandma said.

" I have a better idea grandma, why not let her stay with Christian in his penthouse?" Mia asked, chucking.

I panicked.

" I wish that I could grandma but I have work abligations and will have to live in the flat assigned to me by my organisation. It is a compulsion." I said.

She nodded understandingly.

" Your bad. I was trying to give you some time with your husband to be." Mia said.

I blushed, looking embarrassed. 

" Leave the poor soul alone Mia, let's go and have dinner." Mr Grey acted as my saviour.

I was about to move forward but I was dragged by a certain someone.

Hii guys! This is the modified chapter. Let me know what you think about it. Until next time. I love you all. Bye!

PS- Do vote, comment and share. I appreciate it all!