Chapter 25

The sun shone brightly over the forest.
A brownish cat, with yellow eyes, walked from behind a tree. It had patterns like a leopard. An owl landed on its shoulders. The owl looked like a barn owl. Its eyes were also yellow. Its feathers were white-ish grey and had black patterns. They both looked at me. Once I saw yellow eyes, I felt like it was a nightmare. The cat slowly walked closer to me. I backed away a bit. But the cat ran at me unrealistically fast. I didn't have time to move. But the cat, didn't hit into me. Once it touched me, it disappeared.
What was this? The owl was flying a little bit above the ground. It stared at me. I wondered why. I looked down at myself. My pelt was brown. I...became the brown cat? I felt like both our souls were sharing the same body.

I tried to back away, but the other soul had other plans. It walked forward to the owl, and the owl landed on our shoulder. Its black beak chirped, and my eyes snapped open.

I sat up. That was odd...
Suddenly I got a flash of the stone wall behind the waterfall, where it said Neako, with the X across it.

"We better get moving" Ra said.
Everyone stood up. I pulled my leg out of the water I had left it in. I shook it a little to get rid of the water. Ra started walking to a waterfall. I limped after him.

"So...are we going to climb?" I asked, hoping he'd answer my questions this time. "No, follow me" he said.
"Where?" Better asked. Everyone was standing in a line behind us. Better was at the front, then Backstab, Snicker, Flower, Uni, Blackhawk and Alex, then Gentle. Ra walked through the waterfall. A few gasps escaped our mouths. "There must be a cave behind the fall!" Blackhawk said.
I swallowed and hoped he was right. I didn't want to walk in and find a flat wall that Ra disappeared into.
I took a deep breath and walked through the waterfall. The water was cold, and it hurt slightly as the water hit against my back. My leg dragged behind me. It hit on every pointy rock. I finally got through, and there was a tunnel. It was dark in there, and who knows how long it was. There were odd drawings all over the words. The floor was a bit wet from the water that splashed from the waterfall. I shook my fur and walked in a bit. My eyes started to adjust to the dimness of the tunnel. I walked to a wall that showed two mountains. It looked like the mountains Snicker had told me about. 'Morgan and Sandfast' I remembered they were called. Morgan was on the left, and Sandfast was on the right. On the left of Morgan, there was a drawing of the moon. And on the right of Sandfast, the sun shone brightly on it. I looked next to that drawing, and saw a drawing that looked almost identical to the last drawing of Morgan and Sandfast. But this one had a giant paw crushing Sandfast. I swallowed as I saw the giant paw on the mountain. I kept looking across the wall, seeing beautiful, peaceful, confusing, mysterious, creepy and disturbing drawings. Suddenly I bumped into something. I looked, to see Ra.
"Don't get too carried away. This is an unsolvable maze if you get lost. Literally. If you find a skeleton or animal body, then know this will be your grave. Many have died in here before you" Ra said seriously. I swallowed. "Can we...maybe climb instead?" I asked. "You can't turn back" he said. "What do you mean? The entrance is right there..." I said. Everyone finally walked in all together. "Everyone stay together. If you don't obey everything I say, its suicide" Ra said. Everyone exchanged a look, and nodded.
He began to walk forward, and everyone followed him. The path came to a fork. Ra grabbed a pebble in his mouth, and threw it at one of the walls in the forked path.
It bounced off, and went flying back at us. Once it got out of the fork, it disappeared. Everyone gasped.
"Once it the wrong path, if you try and turn back, your already in another dimension, and if you keep on going, you will walk until the end of time, and you still will never find the end. Until you die. That's the only end you will find"

We walked through the tunnel. Following wherever Ra went.
"I'm not sure I trust anyone to lead me through this place..." Backstab said. "I'd way rather climb..." Better sighed. I walked beside Ra.
"How do you know your way around this place?" I asked.
"Well, I knew the animals who made this tunnel" he said.
"Animals? How many? Fifty cats? One hundred?" I asked.
"Two" Ra said. "Two? Just two cats made this tunnel?" I asked.
"One was a cat, the other was not" he said. "Why did they make this? And how?" I asked. "One knew magic, magic beyond your wildest dreams" Ra said. "And they made it to hide" Ra continued. "Hide? From what?" I asked. "Animals. They were bad animals once. So everyone was out to get them. So they used there magic, to create this tunnel, and hide. Only they knew around it. But eventually they told a few cats. One of them was me." Ra said. "That means they made all the drawings on the walls too?" I asked. "Yes" Ra nodded.
"What do they mean?" I asked, remembering the drawing of the cat paw crushing Sandfast.
"Some I know, some I do not" he said.
"I hope I can meet them one day. So I can ask them about the drawings" I said. "I don't think you will ever meet them" he shook his head.
"Why not?" I asked.
"They only show themselves to few cats. And I hope you aren't one of the ones they must show themselves to" Ra said. I thought for awhile about what Ra said.

I looked at the drawings that were lined up against the wall.
One showed a feather with blood around it. Another showed a few brocken claws on a stone floor.
One drawing that caught my eyes, was a drawing of stones shaping into a bowl. It had sand, rocks and grass at the bottom. Just like the ones we were just in. But without the water.

Another one said the word 'Neako'. Just like behind the waterfall.
I saw a couple of blood stains on the walls. I saw a drawing of a sky full of stars, and birds flew in the distance.
Another showed a giant cat skeleton, covering Mountain Morgan and Mountain Sandfast.

There was a list of names that were all crossed out. I kept following the list of names. It went on for about two minutes. Then finally there were a few names that won't crossed out.
SmokeTail
Bay
Vamp
Medallion
Goldenlotus
Blu-

Ra pulled me from the scruff.
"Keep your eyes on the rode" Ra said. I had almost walked into the wrong side of a forked path. I tried to look to see what the next name was, but it was in the other side of the fork.
I sighed and continued following Ra. I noticed I wasn't limping very much anymore. But I defiantly still had to limp. We walked for hours, upon hours, upon hours, upon, you wouldn't guess! Hours...

Finally we saw a light. "Sunlight! We're free!" Gentle exclaimed. She began to start running towards the light. "No!" Ra hissed. Gentle stopped in her tracks. "Its not straight outside, you need to go through there" Ra said, pointing with his head to a gap in the wall. We all squeezed through the gap in the wall. Finally we were out of that tunnel.
"Free!" Everyone cheered.
"Can we move on our own yet?" Backstab asked. "Yes, but we need to go find a place to rest, its almost sunset" Ra said.

~~~~~~~

Finally we found a huge tree to sleep in. It had lots of leaves and they were thick, as well as the branches. By than it was nightfall. We all finally got in the tree. Blackhawk struggled to get in, but he finally did. I closed my eyes and waited for sleep to take over. But time went by, and i couldn't sleep.
Ra wasn't sleeping either. He must have been looking out.
"Ra? How long until we get to The Peace Clan?" I asked. "About five to six days" he said. That was quicker than I thought, but I still wished it was quicker.

I finally fell asleep...

A brownish orange cats giant paw crushed Sandfast. "Die!"